Video Games Live!

It's going on about 30 miles away from where I live this Friday and I'm playing hooky from work to go and see it.

That's how it normally opens.

That's a piece they did last year.

I love this thing so much! It's a wonderful experience and I suggest any true gamer to go and see it at least one. Their website has some of their showing times and places.

Video Games Live™

I have no idea.. :P2

LOL serious?!
Ok, I'm obsessed with the Zelda series, which I've claimed numerous times in other posts.
But for all new who don't know, now you know ^_^
I'm dressing up as Twilight Princess Link. I have the clothes and armor set with the master sword and hylian shield. All thats left to get is boots and a leather belt.
Speaking of, anybody have any idea where I can find a shoulder belt for the sword?Reference Pic
Even boots for that matter?

There was a Link at our show too. He looked like a gangly teenager. Him and an eight-year-old Mario squared off for the prize and the Mario won the costume event. He was just too adorable not to!

That's cool. I don't really care if I win or not, I just want to dress up.
I even got a pouch to my ocarina of time, 3 glass bottles (will have red, blue, and green liquid inside) a dungeon map, a compass, some red rupees(worth 20) and some heart containers.

March 7th, Sun City West (Phoenix) Arizona... yah baby, I've already got my tickets!!

Oh yeah, I would like point out how much hatred I have for Tommy Tallarico. I know VGL is his child, but he sucks, hardcore. I went to Blizzcon '07, and VGL played all the WoW music, it was amazing... until Tommy T decided to play his electric guitar at a volume that drowned out the orchestra, and didn't even sound all that great. Then he tried bragging he knew about World of Warcraft... and said he had been to Goldenshire... WHERE IS GOLDENSHIRE? Did he mean the most popular little town outside of Stormwind named "Goldshire" ? Tommy, do everyone a favor, and SHUT THE HELL UP! ... oye. Even his gaming reviews on G4 (does he still do that?) were biased and ludicrous. His partner in the show was honest at least, and gave reviews with as little bias as possible, and I respect that... if you have an opinion, cool, try not to let it influence your review... Tommy, you listenin' bub?

<sigh>

All I can say is, "Lucky you". :-\ I will run down the isle and on to the stage, followed by strangling him with his own guitar wires if he does that here in Phoenix. I am also kind of curious if they'll do any Blizzard music at all, though I look forward to all the other game music.

The real treat was during VGL's concert at Blizzcon when they brought out David Arkenstone and his rag tag group of folks, and did the Tavern music for WoW. That, was spectacular. WoW, the game may lack stuff, but it's music is top notch... unless you sit in any one zone for way too long, then you either have to turn it off, or go insane... but the same goes for hearing the same song on the radio over and over and over.

<sits on his hands and awaits the VGL concert>

Oh yeah, I would like point out how much hatred I have for Tommy Tallarico.

Totally agree, he's incredibly biased (not to mention that that show just plain sucked) in his reviews, and he's rooster-y (silly censor) and arrogant to boot and probably one of my least favorite game music composers period. I have no idea why he is in the spotlight so much.

Go away, Tommy Tallarico.

Just as an update... VGL *CANCELLED*. They won't be coming to Phoenix, and from what my friends say, those that actually got a peek at their website since it's been getting slammed today, said the entire rest of the tour has been cancelled. Odd that they also did this back in 2005 & 2007.

Once again, I blame Tommy Tallarico. My friends and I, want to find out how great this "waterboarding" torture is, but only on him. I so was looking forward to this, and yet, they played yesterday (Friday), at the GDC and at an LA Venue later on. They even walked away from the place with an award... but I guess that was enough for Tommy... Pretend to put on a tour, get the award, and then stop. They got what he wanted, and that was it...

GAME OVER.

Start From Last Save? (Y/N)
_ YYYYYYYYY

Sorry, no saves found.

People really *want* to see them... but it's not that "unusual". They've done it twice before, this being the third time, not quite "in a row", but nearly.

They were just being advertised on the radio the day before I got the email notice from TicketMaster. I know the place they were going to be appearing was at least over 1/2 sold out, nearly 3/4... They would have had nearly a full house here in Phoenix.

<grumble>

My Link pics for VGL
l_39b19c2da1e05f7be0dfa12249b521bf.jpg.png

l_fea318fa32b9eb7c30585a266aa326be.jpg.png

l_b32dd48614f13d89c2fc9de6b15ab4aa.jpg.png

l_bd3081e37624502dcc037931bbf81e07.jpg.png

l_db691e3eedc72850af736384d3996e29.jpg.png

l_d1bc2871ba4fd48edb6ef23f1cf01d8a.jpg.png

l_391c639d3ba55a9c0fc61c45bb53db1f.jpg.png

l_89f0311171596aa8888eaa623a80ff29.jpg.png

Back