Movies Vin Diesel To Make Another xXx Movie [Xxx]

Robby

Helper Bot
Vin Diesel To Make Another xXx Movie [Xxx]

Does Vin Diesel play different characters, I mean really?. Collider says Vin Diesel is going to make another xXx movie, I say be it Xander Cage, Riddick or Dominic Toretto the man is still playing Vin Diesel. Eventually his movies will all just be retitled to "The Diesels" chapters 1 through 55. It's like Tom Cruise acting, but either way I always enjoy a good Dieseling so bring it on (I'm partial to the Riddick look which has goggles). Word on the street is the xXx team is meeting with writers, a producer attached is attached and they're hoping to screen the second xXx movie by the summer of 2010. [Collider]

(Via io9)

I thought his character in xXx was killed between the first and second movies?
Yep, not only was his death mentioned in the sequel, in which a new xXx was introduced (Ice Cube), but also in a short on the DVD.

From Wikipedia:
The short film ties up the loose ends from the first film and ties into the beginning of the sequel — albeit not very neatly. A special ops team, wearing identical uniforms to the special ops team in the sequel's opening scene, track down Xander Cage, who happens to be on a date with Jordan King. The team tricks Cage into entering a building they have rigged to explode. Cage, being the hero, enters the building in the hopes of rescuing his date. Cage meets his demise, after which Lt. Cobb arrives on the scene to verify Cage's death.
However, with the movies being about secret spy organizations, his supposed death can be easily written off as being faked so that he could go deep under cover for an assignment.

Myself, I'd much rather see another Riddick movie. :smiley:

Hell ya. xXx is a shitty series and doesn't deserve to get brought back. Pitch Black is one of the best alien thrillers since Alien itself, and even the Chronicles of Riddick had some badass scenes... xXx is just another action movie.

I don't know why Vin Diesel would do it. When it comes to being bald, mildly-built action heroes, Jason Statham has him by the balls, so why bother competing? If he chose to become a sci-fi action-oriented anti-hero, he could run it almost unopposed; he could be the biggest man in sci-fi since Harrison Ford. But no, he wants to be some ****in' Paul Walkerian ******* and keep doing Fast and the Furious movies...

Sigh.

If I recall correctly, Vin Diesel had some attitude problems (aka: thinking he was a bigger star than he was at the time) that has contributed to his lack movie parts.

You're right, JakBaillie, that he could have been a well known name in the gritty sci-fi genre of movies but he kind of shot himself in the foot. With some of the movies he is involved with currently shooting or in development, it is interesting to note that besides acting in them that he is also working behind the scenes as a producer on them.

There is supposed to be another Riddick movie though isn't there? that's what the storyline planned for. Meanwhile he took another break and made Babylon AD with the, er, vague ending.

Update:
According to IMdb Vin Diesel is working on a few related productions

xXx: The Return of Xander Cage (announced)
Xander Cage
Movie Listing Page said:
Xander Cage is left for dead after an incident, though he secretly returns to action for a new, tough assignment with his handler Augustus Gibbons.
2015 The Last Witch Hunter (filming)
Kaulder
2015 Fast & Furious: Supercharged (Short) (post-production)
Dominic Toretto
2015 Furious 7 (post-production)
Dominic Toretto

There is no mention of his involvement in another Riddick movie...yet
BTW, Riddick's full name is Richard B. Riddick
A quick search for Richard B. Riddick results in a nice fandom Wiki for plenty of information on the character.
Glancing at the site I see no mention of upcoming movies. Still its a very nice fan source.
Richard B. Riddick | Riddick Wiki | Fandom

Appearances

Back