Season 3 Vivica A Fox on her and Tarantino's upcoming roles

V

verdantheart

A new article about Vivica A Fox and Quentin Tarantino's appearances on Alias is out on zap2it:

[SPOILERS: minor character/plot details not hidden]

~~~
'Kill Bill's' Fox and Tarantino Take the Fight to 'Alias'
(Saturday, February 07 08:17 AM)
By Kate O'Hare

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - "Independence Day" star Vivica A. Fox guest-stars in "After Six," the Sunday, Feb. 15, episode of "Alias," bringing to three the number of people involved in "Kill Bill" to appear on the ABC espionage drama.

Preceding her were the film's director and writer, Quentin Tarantino, who reprises his recurring role as McKenas Cole in "After Six," and Bill himself, David Carradine, who appeared an episode last April.

"Do you want me to call my Vipers?" quips Fox, who played assassin Vernita Green in "Kill Bill." "I will!"

In "After Six," Fox puts aside the fisticuffs for battle of a more intellectual kind, playing rogue security-systems designer Toni Cummings. It's up to CIA Agents Sydney Bristow (Jennifer Garner) and Eric Weiss (Greg Grunberg) to convince Toni that she should help the CIA break through the defenses of the evil Covenant.

Fox laughs when asked if Toni's causing trouble for Sydney. "Just a little bit! Just a tad. She needs it. She can handle it, though. She's a tough one. But working on this show has been an incredible experience. I've been a big fan ever since it came out. I got the offer because of Quentin, because he's in the episode as well.

"So it was all organic. I jumped at the opportunity, went and did it. They were great to work with -- great hair, great makeup, great script. If I do TV, this is the kind of TV I want to do. I didn't think twice. 'Alias,' yes!"

According to Fox, Toni "sets up security systems for some big-ballers. She's high-tech security, only deals with people in diamonds, the heavy-hitters. She sets up some unbelievable systems, that just blow people way, like, 'Oh, my God, who is this that's doing this?' And it's a female -- it's me! Her agenda is always about herself."

Unfortunately, she and Tarantino don't cross paths. "I don't think those stories intertwined, because Quentin's story is something that's playing out from a previous episode."

Fox was allowed to bring her own wardrobe. "I think it's the sexiest I've ever been on camera. They said, 'We want something hot.' I said, 'I've got it, baby.' They said, 'Let's go shopping.' I said, 'No, no. Let me go in my closet. I've got a couple of lil' outfits for you.'

"It's an electric-blue Gai Mattiolo, a little minidress that's split up the thigh, studded out in diamonds. I've got these Dolce & Gabbana diamond shoes on. I was so glad they didn't have any problem with me looking good."

Apparently, Fox was also pleased with hair and makeup.

"Normally when I work, I bring my own people," she says, "just because I like to maintain a consistency. But this time, I totally trusted them. Jennifer always looks great, and they did a great job."

After having a prickly relationship with secretly evil NSA [sic] Agent Lauren Reed (Melissa George) all season, Sydney doesn't exactly find a new best friend in Toni.

"There's clashing going on," Fox says, "from the moment they meet. She doesn't trust anyone. Sydney tries to come in and be just a tad bit too friendly for her, and she says, 'I see you, missy.'

"The dialogue was in your face, confrontational. Usually in TV, they sugarcoat things, especially with females. The first thing that I asked was, 'I don't like them?' Jennifer said, 'You don't like them, and you don't trust them.' I'm like, 'Great, just wanted to make sure.' That's just refreshing to play, it really is. You're usually playing the victim, the mom or the girlfriend, damsel in distress."

Toni might even return, Fox says. "What they've told me is, 'Oh, no, honey, we're going to find a way to bring you back."

On the guest-star docket for upcoming "Alias" episodes are "The Office" star and Golden Globe Award-winner Ricky Gervais, in a rare non-comedic role as a bomb maker, on March 14; and, in late March, Peter Fonda, as Lauren's father, Senator Reed.
~~~
;)

I thought i read in another post the Peter Fonda wont be on the show because of schedule conflicts or something.
Mabye im wrong.
who knows?
I think that vivaca will a great new twist for alias.
Very well dressed too.... :lol:

I'm glad it sounds like she had a good time. I've never heard of anybody saying they had a bad experience on the set. They must be the best cast and crew to work with, EVER. I can't wait for this episode -I think she'll fit in perfectly.

Azalea said:
I'm glad it sounds like she had a good time. I've never heard of anybody saying they had a bad experience on the set. They must be the best cast and crew to work with, EVER. I can't wait for this episode -I think she'll fit in perfectly.
There are just some really good sets/casts/crews--and this is one of them.
:D

Back