Season 5 voice our opinion!

Mythor said:
Someone at Disney visiting the MVCampaign website doesn't mean a darn thing I'm afraid.
If that were true, then what does it say when the leaders of the MVCampaign have been to my site? Perhaps someone could jump to the conclusion for me, I'm not so good at that myself. ;)

What most likely happened is that someone involved in, or just interested in, Alias, surfed over that way out of curiousity. You can't attribute any greater meaning to it than that without looking like a goose.

Whilst I've kept silent up till now, it's getting ridiculous.

Just be properly informed before believing the tripe the MVCampaign folk are peddling. :smiley:
[post="1457331"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Your comments are rude and borderline rule breaking. Please respect other members at all times. Thank you.

Mythor,
I respect your views about how you dislike MV, But you won't see any of us trying to tear you down, So please show us the same courtesy. If you want to talk with people of your own kind, I am sure you can find them! In fact I believe AA has a page for MV haters to go too, however this is not it! But feel free to write a letter to ABC anyway faking your disgust of them canning MV. :D

Oh dear I have a strange feeling that I am going to get edited...*holds breath and waits*...

sorry to double post but I was wrong as Mythor pointed out to me, that people on both sides are just as witty with their comebacks and remarks, so I am sorry Mythor for making it one sided. :blush:

Sydney L Bristow said:
I don't know if this belongs here or is allowed but I couldn’t post it any where else seeing it involves the possible leave of MV.  I think we all need to write letters and send them in as soon as possible to make sure that we the fans are heard!  so here is the address to alias studios!  get writing and let them know what a huge disappointment they are to us right now.  what a huge let down from our favorite TV show!  they cant be allowed to get away with this!  so Write!  write 10 letters if you have too!  but Write!!!!
JJ Abrams
ABC, Inc.
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Building 23, Room 26
Burbank, CA 91521
[post="1446948"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I dont understand whats the big deal???
So Michael leaving Alias...
Dont get me wrong i love Michael Vartan and i love Vaughn but its only a charactar on a TV show and JJ desided that its the time for this charactar to leave this show.
On "24" importants charactars leave and dies all the time and people still love the show.
I think its a big mistake to watch a TV show for an actor

One question about the website, what is the demographic thing? and what is it's purpose? And how am I supposed to use it if I'm not from The USA? Ok that was more than one question but if someone could explain I'd be grateful!

bennifer2yaaakkk2 said:
I dont understand whats the big deal???
So Michael leaving Alias...
Dont get me wrong i love Michael Vartan and i love Vaughn but its only a charactar on a TV show and JJ desided that its the time for this charactar to leave this show.
On "24" importants charactars leave and dies all the time and people still love the show.
I think its a big mistake to watch a TV show for an actor
[post="1461472"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
The "big deal" is this (IMHO only, of course):

1. The thing is Alias has such a massive cult following because of its intricate, character-driven format. It's not "24" - it's not "Buffy". It's unique and needs to stay that way. I don't want it re-invented every darn year. Revitalized, yes. Do I want it to evolve? Of course. I want it to stay interesting. But completely reinvented? Um, no. That's just my opinion, mind you, so don't gouge me!

2. For S5 I wanted the characters I've been watching (and spending my money to watch) for four years to get resolution. I still have questions about them and I don't like the answers I'm going to get - it's like Alias used to be the same as a good book that you couldn't bear to put down, but now JJ & Co. are determined to turn it into a cookie-cutter dime store novel. I don't want NEW BLOOD. I want:

- Sark back, damn it
- Sloane evil
- Irina getting under Jack's skin when he doesn't want her there.
- Vaughn as a double-dipper after all those years as a boyscout would have rocked my socks. Then maybe Sydney would have had to take a huge bite out of a Jack-sandwich. She would've been able to understand her father alot more - and her mother. Vaughn truly loves her, and S5 could have been about accepting that in the face of seeming betrayal - so that they don't turn into her parents.

3. But no. Intead the TPTB are going to kill a main character off to prove that they have the cojones to do just that. IMHO if they wanted to pull such a stunt then they should have picked a character who is not absolutely integral to the resolution of the FIRST conflicts ever presented to us lowly viewers. Those would be:

- Sydney's happiness and her quest for a normal life.
- The loss of a fiance and that normal life
- Not having the world around her see her for who - and what - she really is
- Her relationship with her father. Have you ever heard the expression "You never understand a man until you walk a mile in his shoes?"
- Overcoming all of this, loving Vaughn anyway - and taking back her life.

4. MV has stuck by this show through thick and thin for four years. Just when he finally gets a story arc that's NOT reminicent of a soap opera his character is killed off so that someone else can tell his story second hand.

5. Would it have killed JJ and TPTB to let them get married? It's easy enough to write the marraige into the background, or *gasp* even use it as a springboard for more conflict that doesn't mess with S/V. I could sit here all day and list off possible directions they could have taken the show in. I won't. I don't care enough anymore (thanks, JJ. or NOT.). Obviously I care enough to write this post, but I'm sure even that will fade.

Sorry for the long post! I needed to get a few things out of my head, I suppose!

(n)

Sabella said:
One question about the website, what is the demographic thing? and what is it's purpose? And how am I supposed to use it if I'm not from The USA? Ok that was more than one question but if someone could explain I'd be grateful!
[post="1461550"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Demographics go to viewership which will effect the network's ability to get advertising, etc. I would assume there will be issues with the loss of overseas fans as well but those will be a little farther down the road. If it were me I would sign anyway, and include where I live, etc... approximate household income etc... (convert it). At the campaign site there have been a lot of comments from international fans, so I assume those people will be included with the package, just won't count towards the U.S. ratings system. As far as I'm concerned, though, a fan is a fan is a fan. ;)

I love the Vaughan/Syd storyline. If Vaughan OR Sydney left the show I would be devestated and would not watch it anymore.

Having said this, I think that even if Vaughan is not leaving, the show has been very very smart in letting us believe this. Just imagine how the ratings will skyrocket as everyone watches nervously to see IF or HOW one of out favourite characters will die and leave us. If I whr the the show I would use this to tempt us and drag it out towards the end of the season. Just imagine the promos/ads teasing us each week with the question as to whether vaughan will be killed! Smart, smart move.

BSW said:
The "big deal" is this (IMHO only, of course):

1. The thing is Alias has such a massive cult following because of its intricate, character-driven format.  It's not "24" - it's not "Buffy".  It's unique and needs to stay that way.  I don't want it re-invented every darn year.  Revitalized, yes.  Do I want it to evolve?  Of course.  I want it to stay interesting.  But completely reinvented?  Um, no.  That's just my opinion, mind you, so don't gouge me! 

2. For S5 I wanted the characters I've been watching (and spending my money to watch) for four years to get resolution.  I still have questions about them and I don't like the answers I'm going to get - it's like Alias used to be the same as a good book that you couldn't bear to put down, but now JJ & Co. are determined to turn it into a cookie-cutter dime store novel.  I don't want NEW BLOOD.  I want:

- Sark back, damn it
- Sloane evil
- Irina getting under Jack's skin when he doesn't want her there. 
- Vaughn as a double-dipper after all those years as a boyscout would have rocked my socks.  Then maybe Sydney would have had to take a huge bite out of a Jack-sandwich.  She would've been able to understand her father alot more - and her mother.  Vaughn truly loves her, and S5 could have been about accepting that in the face of seeming betrayal - so that they don't turn into her parents. 

3. But no.  Intead the TPTB are going to kill a main character off to prove that they have the cojones to do just that.  IMHO if they wanted to pull such a stunt then they should have picked a character who is not absolutely integral to the resolution of the FIRST conflicts ever presented to us lowly viewers.  Those would be:

- Sydney's happiness and her quest for a normal life.
- The loss of a fiance and that normal life
- Not having the world around her see her for who - and what - she really is
- Her relationship with her father.  Have you ever heard the expression "You never understand a man until you walk a mile in his shoes?"
- Overcoming all of this, loving Vaughn anyway - and taking back her life.

4. MV has stuck by this show through thick and thin for four years.  Just when he finally gets a story arc that's NOT reminicent of a soap opera his character is killed off so that someone else can tell his story second hand. 

5. Would it have killed JJ and TPTB to let them get married?  It's easy enough to write the marraige into the background, or *gasp* even use it as a springboard for more conflict that doesn't mess with S/V.  I could sit here all day and list off possible directions they could have taken the show in.  I won't.  I don't care enough anymore (thanks, JJ.  or NOT.).  Obviously I care enough to write this post, but I'm sure even that will fade. 

Sorry for the long post!  I needed to get a few things out of my head, I suppose!

(n)
[post="1461588"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Word. Just... so true. everything you said i agree with (except for the buffy bit. As a fan of 9 years, i can tell you that buffy is one of the most character driven shows ever created. But thats just so off topic, i cant even tell you, so lets just forget i said anything).

They cant just start all these stories from season 1, make characters that people love, and love seeing together, and then kill one of those characters, and then expect most of the fans of that character and relationship to see it as "and exciting new beginning." Spare me. You know what would be really exciting JJ? If you stopped screwing with your shows fans. THAT would be exciting.

You know right now I don't even know what to believe. I keep hearing 'he leaving", "he's staying," "he's leaving", "he's staying. You know what I'm tired of guessing. I'm not going to say he's leaving or staying because quite frankly I'm not believing anything until I see the episode. If they do kill him off then all I have is "Alais suicide"!

~Andrea :angelic:

*I'm a little mad right now, lol :P

undercover_spy said:
You know  right now I don't even know what to believe. I keep hearing 'he leaving",  "he's staying," "he's leaving", "he's staying. You know what I'm tired of guessing. I'm not going to say he's leaving or staying because quite frankly I'm not believing anything until I see the episode. If they do kill him off then all I have is "Alais suicide"!

~Andrea :angelic:

*I'm a little mad right now, lol :P
[post="1468932"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I am hoping Vaughn is killed off. The show needs some juice , with its new very competitive time slot. The who killed Vaughn arch would be a wonderful story arch for a pregnant Sydney. I mean why else would Sydney stay with the cia while she is pregnant, she can't even go after Sloane now. Her finding out the Mystery of Vaughn's death is the only way I can see her staying with the CiA.

Vaughn's death will be sad, but that doesn't making it bad storytelling, in fact quite the contray. It pulls you in. Your upset, you want her to get revenge, and your tied in emotionally.

Plus the true love story isn't a romatic one anyways. I prefer the Sydney/ Jack interaction rather than her love life.

I like the storyline of who killed vaughn? although i will miss him is a good way to re-vamp it. Alias used to be known for people dying and or leaving. (diane, emily, will, francie, irina, nadia, weiss, lauren etc.) But then there are characters that have just been dragged like Dixon. Dixon and Vaughn as much as i love them, if one of them didnt die i would go crazy! I mean there is only so much can happen to them, what the hell else is for them to do? I am exicted for season 5 and you all should be too! :angelic: (BUt of course you are intended to your own opinion, and this is mine :P )

Back