Volleyball

It's not painful! I mean, sure, you get a few bumps and bruises, but hey, any sport will do that to you! Besides, getting down on the ground to dig a ball is great!

~Me :angel2:

me, me!! i LOVE volleyball. favorite sport. probably because it's the only one i don't suck at. :lol:

but you're right, not many people enjoy it, so i hardly ever find anyone to play with. :confused:

i'm not very good at overhand serving though. and i need to work on my spikes. i'm a short girl, so it was sort of a struggle at first to even do a half-decent spike. but like i said, i'm working on it. :D

i love volleyball too, it is so fun. when i was in the second and third grade, i was on a team, and they taught us to serve underhand (now i know it was b/c we were too small to do it overhand, lol) and then at the beginning of this year, b4 i transferred, i was on a team. i also gotta work on my overhand serving, but i am a lot better than i was, thank God. Okay okay, i'll stop babbling now, i only meant to say that i love the game too, wow, look at this, boy is it getting long :jawdrop: . okay, going now, for real.

Emily

I was the chaptian on my team for a couple years then when I got in to high school I had alot of things to do so I had to quit my sophmore year

volleyball is like the biggest sport in ym school, b/c its the only sport we play co-ed during gym. its so much fun. I can set n bump really well. My underhand and side arm serves are good. overheads are a lil shaky and off though. as for digging...well we aren't exactly suppose to but i've gotten several sucessful one's during the tournament. unfortunately my class loss...what can i say. being in the advanced class, "nerd class by almost every1 else" has its cons. we showed the girls during practice though. the guys in the other classes r just too good. their serves are too strong. I bumped one really nicely and I ended up getting a bruise form impact! well we'll be doing basketball next. not my personal favorite.

OH love volley ball. I tried out for my school team this year but didn't make it. I was on my school team last year though... Still love it. I probably wont' try out next year though. School's becoming really busy espically with band almost every morning...
--Mandy :angelic:

Yeah, I was on JV this year and next year I hope to be on varsity... even though girls who play on varsity are scary when they hit...

~Me :angel2:

I've already started sending my tapes to colleges so they can see me...i want a scholarship to play for BYU if I can...that or Arizona State University...mainly because I'm tight with the coaches...and im going to all kinds of volleyball camps this summer...i spend so much time with volleyball! I cant get enough of it!! I love it!!...I could do without the hip and elbow bruises lol...

i had a coach this year who was totally insane...he would slap our arms over and over and over until they bled and bruised and were totally killed...then he would smack volleyballs at them as hard as he could to make it tougher...he was a little crazy...but still a really good coach...he took us to nationals which are this august!! IM SO EXCITED!!! TEHE!! I broke my leg, but he said if I train really hard once I get my cast off I can get my starting position back easily...so at least breaking my leg didnt totally screw me over!

i just get to play winter volleyball. I REALLY liked the sport. except that the coach yelled all the time other than that its a really fun sport. i was never much of a setter though. i was a really good server except i can't serve overhand. i need to work on my jumping i'm not much of a jumper even though i'm tall enough.

Back