Volunteer(Idea for Short).

Hi Everyone,

I have an idea for a live action/animation short. Details are below:-

Title: Volunteer.
Synopsis: Raj, a self centered young Asian man volunteers to help in an old folks’ home. He doesn’t do it out of kindness but he’s struggling to find work and thinks volunteering will look good on his CV. He is asked to care for Peter, a WWII veteran who can no longer walk without assistance and whose eyesight is fading. Peter resents other peoples’ help and isn’t too keen on Raj. Peter often bemoans the fact that the only volunteering people did when he was young was to fight for king and country.

Peter’s prized possessions are his toy soldiers which he keeps strategically positioned on a table. Nobody is allowed to touch them, so when Peter relays stories of his wartime experiences, Raj imagines the pieces coming to life to reenact Peter’s heroic battles.

Eventually Raj begins to grow on Peter as he becomes more knowledgeable about the war and respectful of its veterans. Peter had assumed that much of today’s youth new nothing about it. As Peter’s health deteriorates, Raj endeavors to contact his family but is told that Peter has no family left. As Peter lays dying, Raj sits by his side and tells him that he will volunteer again, this time because he wants to.

If there are any filmmakers/animators who would like to work with me on this then please get in touch. Thanks.
santoshsandhu@hotmail.com

Santosh,

Interesting synopsis; sounds like it would indeed make for a nice short.

From some of the phrases used, is it safe to assume that your location is in the UK?

Santosh,

Interesting synopsis; sounds like it would indeed make for a nice short.

From some of the phrases used, is it safe to assume that your location is in the UK?

I'd say more likely US than UK with the hotmail.com addy, the use of "old folks home" rather than "care home"

But of course, with the sort of work this involved, it would be just as easy to do over the web with voip for meetings and transmitting files back and forth.

Back