Season 3 Wait A Minute!

emetib

Cadet
What if Vaughn is wearing an engagement ring, not a marriage ring! His future wife could have proposed instead of him--and he would be able to back out for all you S/V shippers.

Just a thought.

eh....not the best evaluation I've seen on this site, but not bad either. I just don't think Vaughn would have looked as pained if there was a quick&easy fix in that present for the situation...but that's me, and I'm a big fan of the looking glass theory or the the telling theories...they make the most sense within the framework of the ALIASworld

I dont' know but do people put their engagement ring and wedding ring on the same finger, cuz i thought it was a wedding ring. I probably seem stupid for asking, lol

How many men wear engagement rings? Do you know any? And are they simple bands like wedding rings? That just doesn't make much sense . . .
;)

If 2 years really passed, then the ring might be just that ... a ring ... where the CIA wants Syd to think some things, which are not real, because they have no clue where has been for those 2 years, either they don't know what she has been doing ...

wait a sec. maybe the ring he was wearing was sydney's. like after she disapeared he started wearing one of her rings to remember her or something. she did say " why are you wearing THAT ring" just a thought

Maybe its all an act. The CIA wants to know what sydney knows, wheres shes been and if it is even syndey! So they make up this story to confuse her and get her into telling them what she kows, wheres shes been, and if shes ilke a double or seomthing. Its a test. And maybe why vaughn was having such a hard time telling sydney what happened to her is because he didn't want to lie to her. The CIA wants to know how much she knows. so they send in the one person she actually trusts....Vaughn.... get it? sydney's father has betrayed sydney millions of times. the only person who hasn't is vaughn. again...just a thought

cyntrap said:
Maybe its all an act.  The CIA wants to know what sydney knows, wheres shes been and if it is even syndey! So they make up this story to confuse her and get her into telling them what she kows, wheres shes been, and if shes ilke a double or seomthing. Its a test. And maybe why vaughn was having such a hard time telling sydney what happened to her is because he didn't want to lie to her.  The CIA wants to know how much she knows. so they send in the one person she actually trusts....Vaughn.... get it? sydney's father has betrayed sydney millions of times. the only person who hasn't is vaughn. again...just a thought
I think that Jack isn't available ("betrayed her"? Her trust, yes. Her, no.). And I agree that they are sending Vaughn in because Sydney trusts him--but I don't think they would put a ring on his finger! That would tend to remove her trust, not add it. I have a hard time seeing how that strategy would get her to spill more--I think it would make her actually hold back more. The ring may have to do with Vaughn's current mission or something that hasn't anything to do with actual marital status (God, what if he has been sent in to marry someone like Irina was?!). Obviously, though, they want to find out whether they can trust her before they give her any vital information.
;)

I dunno, looked like an wedding ring to me... Sorry guys, I dont think hes married anymore than you do, but that was a wedding ring. Its too easy to get out of, and it certainly looked like a wedding ring to me.

Luve ya,
Dani

cyntrap said:
Maybe its all an act. The CIA wants to know what sydney knows, wheres shes been and if it is even syndey! So they make up this story to confuse her and get her into telling them what she kows, wheres shes been, and if shes ilke a double or seomthing. Its a test. And maybe why vaughn was having such a hard time telling sydney what happened to her is because he didn't want to lie to her. The CIA wants to know how much she knows. so they send in the one person she actually trusts....Vaughn.... get it? sydney's father has betrayed sydney millions of times. the only person who hasn't is vaughn. again...just a thought
why would the cia do that to her? anyways, syd does trust jack...but let's say your theory is real, why would they put the freaking ring on vaughn's finger?

Back