Walking Dead: The Neverending Zombie Story?

AWalkerBit.Me

Survivor HQ
While the original The Walking Dead comics had an ending, AMC, seeing big ratings for the TV adaption, is not planning one anytime soon.

At the Barclays Global Technology, Media and Telecommunications Conference, Josh Sapan saw Netflix's jump to original programming as more competition for AMC Networks.

AMC Networks CEO Josh Sapan said Wednesday that Breaking Bad, which ends its run next year, and Mad Men, which ends the year after that, are a couple of the best shows in the history of television, and that he sees no end in sight to The Walking Dead.

“We’ll all suffer from some minor heartbreak when these shows come to a natural close,” Sapan said at the Barclays Global Technology, Media and Telecommunications Conference.

“Like some of the best shows in history, there will be a mantle that exists sort of virtually in people’s minds, and in the world maybe they’ll actually put a statue somewhere,” he said of the two shows. “We will bring them to a close with the people who created them at the right time.”

Walking Dead, on the other hand, is in just its third season and has a lot more to go.

“We hope that zombies live forever, and we’ve just begun to find out what the post-apocalyptic world is like,” said Sapan, “so that we’ll be sitting here at the Barclays conference in 2022 discussing the fact that Walking Dead is not over … at that point, I think any one of the companies will have replaced the United States government and we’ll be in a complete free enterprise world in which there are no nations.”

Considering the nature of the show I don't see any reason why The Walking Dead couldn't continue on for many years. So far the series has taken its direction mainly from the comics with its concentration on a small group of survivors in one pocket of the US; by switching to an anthology format they could tell stories from other survivors, countries, and time periods for years to come.

If The Simpsons cartoon can last for 25+ years, surely TWD has many more seasons left in it. A little OT, but are any of you planning to go see World War Z this summer? I've read the book and the movie is obviously going to be nothing like it, unfortunately.

If The Simpsons cartoon can last for 25+ years, surely TWD has many more seasons left in it.
Whenever I really think about how long The Simpsons has been on it boggles my mind a bit. It really is the show that built Fox TV.

A little OT, but are any of you planning to go see World War Z this summer? I've read the book and the movie is obviously going to be nothing like it, unfortunately.
It wouldn't be OT over here.... :whistle: http://awalkerbit.me/threads/world-war-z.43 I will see it but most likely when it comes out on Netflix since I haven't been to a theater in years. I might break down this year and catch Pacific Rim on the large screen. WWZ has my attention if for no other reason then because of the early press about it where Brad Pitt has complained because the original ending of the movie was reshot to make it less of a political commentary movie and more of a straight action movie.

Back