WANTED: Fiery Rat of DOOM!

JonDDA

Cadet
I JUST had this idea, RIGHT as im typing it.

Ok, lets say im out taking a scenic route on my way to back from killing a big Ol' wolf that was terrorizing a small group of my clan-mates. Im just enjoying the scenery, listening to the birds chirp, and all of a sudden my face gets melted by a giant Fiery Rat of DOOM!! Im completely take by surprise and I get pwnsauced in the face. Am I mad? OF COURSE I AM, why would a fiery rat of doom inhabit a forest!?

Well, being thus mad I put up a "Wanted: Fiery Rat of DOOM!" sign, hoping that some brave (and higher level) adventurer will go take out this foul beast to avenge my death. I promise the victor...said item (whatever it is) many try and fail, but eventually a party of three come back with the scorched tail of the rat, and claim there spoils of victory.

So basically it would be cool if we could have a wanted board where people could make quests for other people. Just a cool idea I JUST had. It would be a really cool RP aspect IMHO.

Certainly a fine idea. Not being anything close to a designer, I'm not sure how easy such a thing would be to implement. Needless to say, something of a bounty hunting system might be fun...even if you have to bring a rogue (I don't mean class here) character that had been causing trouble in town areas or what have you. :smiley:

Those firey rats are a darn menace, by the way. Someone should deal with them soon.

EDIT: Replaced ---- with darn. :smiley:

This is essentially the idea of player-created quests. Something like this exists in SWG right now - the player bounty system. Unfortunately, it's only PvP.

Also, there are other side effects to consider....what if this was abused by some people to finish a quest of their own?

That's simply finding another way to finish the quest. Ingeniuty, my dear Watson.

I really hope a bounty system is put in place because I love playing a bounty hunter. You have to be smart and track down your prey, and you never know if your prey knows if your coming or how well equipped your prey is, or how powerful they are: the thrill of bounty hunting! Nothing like it!

Back