Politics War with Iraq

Joe

The Black Mailbox
Getting some current events in on the board

EDIT BY CHARLIE: There were about 5 war threads clogging up the member lounge, so I merged them all into one :smiley:

I kinda feel that Bush is pushing us towards war. I mean, I know they probably have weapons. Duh. But they had weapons three years ago, and Clinton wasn't pushing us into war. So why should we go to war now?

I did a null vote. Yes, I think Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, and yes, we need to put an end to Hussein's power. But is it worth killing many innocent people in Iraq?

And we hear about Iraq in the news all the time, but we're still not hearing the whole story.

So I think the US should find some real concrete evidence of those weapons (maybe send in a couple of Syds) and give reason to why we should attack right away.

Bush hasnt given us any prooof,,,,, i dont want useless bombing. i mean there are real humans in iraq. it seems like hes just war hungry like his father (bush)

vaughneya said:
Bush hasnt given us any prooof,,,,, i dont want useless bombing. i mean there are real humans in iraq. it seems like hes just war hungry like his father (bush)
yeah there are bad people and good people in Iraq I dont want us them to bomb innocent people so null vote

I would hate war. I don't think it is a good idea. But if it were to happen, I would support the troops. They are fighting with their lives, and no way am I not supporting them if we have a dumb government sending them off to fight or die.

If we went to war, esp. preemptive, then we would be invading Iraq for the same reason Iraq invaded Kuait (spelling?), and we didn't approve of that in the least. So they can't do it but we can because we're all-powerful? I don't think so.

OK, in honor of the massive peace rallies :smiley::::cough:::: that were remarkably overlooked by our current leader ::::cough::::smiley: of yesterday, i'd like to see what everyone thinks about the impending war with Iraq.
I say read _everything_ you can about the issue before you take a definite stance. But this poll is mostly just to see what we all think

i heard some interesting facts yesterday that the government has spun this whole situation so strangely that 40 percent of americans think that Iraq bombed the World Trade Center.....and have forgotten that it was actually (or at least what they told us before) Al-Queda.

IF there are any alternative stances on the issue, feel free to add 'em here.

whoopsie. my bad by posting something already done.

i do have more choices though. so i'm glad you kept it open. ..mine's a bit more...uh...comprehensive. thankies.

but you didn't vote, aliasalias. :eek:

I might do a null note because I'm not quite sure...or maybe, 'Yes, but only if we have more UN alliances.' I'll have to think about it.

I don't think we should go to war. We got angry at Iraq for invading Kuwait preemptively, yet we can do the same thing to Iraq as we yelled at Iraq for doing?

If we yell at other countries for doing something, we should make sure we don't do it ourselves.

Here are my reasons for voting no.

1. Violence propagates more violence as well as in acute and lasting distrust. This is not to say that something should not be done about Iraqi opression, but the Iraqi's have to want change and fight for it them selves. This is also not to say they should not have help, but right now they are a brainwashed bunch who believe in thier leader, and will not speak out against him for fear of death. Waging war on them to spite one man is only going to lead to more violence and distrust of the Americans who claim the are helping them.

2. This is war not of endding opression but of securing oil. As far as threats go, North Korea is just as threatening as Iraq.....which in my opinion neither are much of threat. Say for an instence both are a majot threat. Iraq has vast oil fields....The US wants that oil and will kill as many Iraqis and Americnas as need be in order to get it all for themselves.

3. Militants are willing to die for thier causes, that will always be the case. Killing them along with people who want peace is an unforgivable crime which the US commits over and over.

I am not a fan of war...and should the draft be brought back I will be on the first bus to Canada with a burning draft card in my hand, as it would effect both man and woman this time.
S.

Not to sound like a harsh demoncratic, but I feel that Bush is trying to finsh what his father started with Sadam, be notice by the world and become a modern day FDR. And in the process he will KILL inoccent natives, soliders, and make an @$$ out of himself! Violence is NOT the answer! If Bush was better at debating, we wouldn't be in this sitiuation. I know someone who died in the World Trade Centers. This person was even related to me, but it hit me really hard. I've been to NYC so many times and I've been in the World Trade Centers. I lost someone and I don't even think we should go to war!!!!!

SydneyBristow201717 said:
I know someone who died in the World Trade Centers. This person was even related to me, but it hit me really hard. I've been to NYC so many times and I've been in the World Trade Centers. I lost someone and I don't even think we should go to  war!!!!!
ok. let's try to remember that we are in AFGHANISTAN because of the world trade center situation..... we are threatening war with IRAQ for completely different reasons.

world trade center = sending troops to afghanistan

oil and a "family feud" = starting a war with iraq.

totally different.

DONT LET THE MEDIA CONVINCE YOU OTHERWISE

keep repeating that.

sycofancy said:
I am not a fan of war...and should the draft be brought back I will be on the first bus to Canada with a burning draft card in my hand, as it would effect both man and woman this time.
S.
no worries, S.

doubtful that they'll bring women into the draft. it's a male-based system and the men think we are helpless kittens in need of a white knight to rescue us.

i'll not argue with that for now though. i'll use the ridiculous thoughts of the male-based system to my advantage while i can.

and if not, i'll be packing up for canada too. see, no matter what, i win?

ready_steady_go said:
sycofancy said:
S.
no worries, S.

doubtful that they'll bring women into the draft. it's a male-based system and the men think we are helpless kittens in need of a white knight to rescue us.

i'll not argue with that for now though. i'll use the ridiculous thoughts of the male-based system to my advantage while i can.

and if not, i'll be packing up for canada too. see, no matter what, i win?
Wll supposedly advocates to bring back the draft want it to be all inclusive, so being a 22 female I am rip for the slaughter of war.

I am however not too concerned as these things take a while to inact, so tha chances of this happening anytime soon are slim to none.

You are right though....no matter what, you win....as would I.
S.

I think if an effort is made almost anything can be solved w/owar. It is only crazy lunatics like hitler in which the only way to deal with them is to go to war.

Back