Fantasy Warcraft (2016)

Tom

An Old Friend
MV5BMTgxMDAzNzMyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjIwMTgxNzE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

PG-13 | Action, Adventure, Fantasy | 10 June 2016 (USA)
Warcraft (2016) - IMDb

The film portrays the origin story of the initial encounters between the humans and the orcs, with an emphasis upon both the Alliance's and the Horde's sides of their conflict. Featuring characters such as Durotan and Lothar, the film will take place in a variety of locations established in the video game series.

Director:
Duncan Jones
Writers:
Duncan Jones (screenplay), Charles Leavitt (screenplay)
Stars:
Travis Fimmel, Paula Patton, Ben Foster

I've read mixed comments on this movie. From looking at the trailer and having played the game this looks great to me. It should be an "R" rating but it is listed as PG-13 which makes it less appealing than the grittiness and blood soaked gameplay. Still, the trailer reveals beautiful cinematography and great costume/make-up effects. Yeah, This is in my "Must See" folder.

I just noticed an early cam rip of this is now available on the internet. I watched the title sequence and decided to wait for a better copy. Don't want to spoil the 1st view.

I've read mixed comments on this movie.
Same here, some reviews have been brutal while others make it sound like a great popcorn movie.

Of course they are just tad late to cash in on the LoTR franchise box office success so it'll be interesting to see how well this one does.

Seems like China has welcomed the movie with open arms.... it is currently the #1 movie in the market.

I watched this a few nights ago.
It certainly had the 'feel' of the game.
I felt there were many things left out that should have been included.
Its a fantasy movie all the way.
I base my like or dislike of a movie on how many times it bumps me back to reality.
This movie must have been pretty good to me because it was over before I realized.
I don't recall needing to yell at the screen about the CGI or the story arc. I never once asked myself "how much longer?".
I will certainaly rewatch this film in a few months.

Strangely am currently playing, not as we speak, the second Warcraft game having just completed the first one :smiley:

Not sure about the movie, assume its the first in a series if commercially successful, but will no doubt catch in due course.

For those wanting to play the games search on Dosbox and abandonware, read the comments to get the second game working on your PC.