Warhammer Online

Warhammer and Age of Conan are the top two MMOs I'm watching at the moment. I'm hoping Warhammer brings with it what D&D Online should've brought with it to the MMORPG community. A tried and true foundation. It looks great still and from all that I've read it should really play to a lot of different gamer's intrests.

I'll be playing Warhammer whenever it comes out. Mythic does an excellent job at PvP, and I'm almost positive that this PvP will be the most amazing out of any game.

Ya love this game when this gets out and dungeon Runners and ge I won't have a life anymore.. Then I'm really up a crick when HJ comes out I swear my gf is gonna leave me

i want this game as well. they just recently released a little empire human info. they are the most interesting of the races that have been detailed so far.

This may be old news to most folks but I saw it while looking up WAR on wikipedia.org. It's a small bit of information but something I hope becomes standard in MMOs one day.
Wikipedia.org Warhammer Online Info said:
Collision detectionWAR will have collision detection turned on, but only against enemy targets. This means that you will be able to 'walk through' friendly players and NPC’s but will be unable to walk through enemy targets. This feature will hopefully enhance the role played by heavily armored characters known as 'tanks', as it will help them become far more efficient at holding choke points and thus protect weaker players in their group such as healers and casters.

Such a simple way to solve that issue. Gonna hide behind me some big ol' orcs. LoL

The Warhammer definitely has my interest as there seems to be a very high roleplayer quotient. Playing a Druichii appeals to my sense of playing evil, though I'm sure there's going to be loads of "mwahaha" types playing that role, though my brain is already cringing away from the heavily armoured chaos knight coming up to me saying "u wnat 2 group???????!" Something out that image is so wrong...

I'm a BIG Warhammer fan. Also I follow Warhammer Online quite a bit. Mythic has done an excellent job in their RvR games and I imagine WAR will be on the same level.

I don't really know Warhammer lore and such very much at all but I just think the game sounds totally awesome for what they want to do. And seeing that about enemy collision detection is sweet.

I haven't seen if they are doing a RP server or not but if they I do I will play on it but to be honest from a couple of the forums I browsed. I think rp is going to be a small part of the community for the most part. And that is usually the truth with most games but I think it will be even smaller in this one but who knows until it comes out.

And they have Dwarves what else could you ask for :D

Roleplaying may be a small part of a community, but it is very loyal, IF games deliver what they say they'll deliver. Most games don't even bother giving roleplayers their own server anymore - which I suppose is the fault of roleplayers. If we kicked and screamed as much as the other gaming communities we would probably get what we wanted as well, but we go the route of quiet indifference...seems to hurt us in the long run.

In any event, found a roleplaying Dark Elf guild - should be interesting, provided it actually stays together. If nothing else it will help me learn some lore

Mythic has three roleplay designated servers in DaoC with a few rules adjusted for the RP community. I'd be shocked if they didn't make the same for Warhammer. Mythic might be known for their RvR but they do have a lot of roleplayers (table top as well) in their company (head dude himself included). They're table top Warhammer players.

Given Wahammers nearly 20 years of roleplay gaming, I seriously doubt you'll NOT find roleplayers in the online game.

I'd like to know the similarities of Warhammer and WoW. Orcs and elves? The class system in Warhammer is the only thing I'm worried about, but I'm more worried about HJ's.

Mythic did a good job with Dark Age of Camelot, minus the Trials of Atlantis expansion which wreaked havoc on the game. I'm sure they'll balance classes and races just fine, hopefully they fully test it. The one complaint I've had is that they always said they tested things, but they always ended up writing up mad patches the following days after the release of an expansion or major patch version.

Back