Feedback Warnings galore on trying to access the site

Jethro

Captain
Both chrome and firefox are issuing warnings when trying to access the site, seems they think the "aliensoup" thing is danger Will Robinson time. Not sure what y'all can do about it, just a heads up if unaware.

N.B. No dangers folks, one of those net thangs.

I'm using Chrome with no warnings coming up. HHhhmm....

Are you using "https://coolscifi.com" as the lead-in URL? I know that'll give an error (at least in FF and IE) but using "aliensoup.com" directly should be no errors.

If you're definitely going to aliensoup.com first, can you screenshot the error your're getting?

I'm using Chrome with no warnings coming up. HHhhmm....

Are you using "https://coolscifi.com" as the lead-in URL? I know that'll give an error (at least in FF and IE) but using "aliensoup.com" directly should be no errors.

If you're definitely going to aliensoup.com first, can you screenshot the error your're getting?

Ah thanks Kev was using coolscifi.

Tom yeah not quite sure at what stage the warning is being released, could be our ISP who are slightly draconian when it comes to security,

Is this forum now called Alien Soup? Just stopped by and the listing and my bookmark pull up the same name. Just checking.
OK, now I'm convinced that nobody reads the Announcements forum. :P

Cool Sci-Fi is getting a new name!

The 'Cliff Notes' is that it was time for a name change to allow for some flexibility with content and for branding. There are still some tweaks to be done (as there are "Cool Sci-Fi" names/labels in a lot of places yet) as we transition into the "Alien Soup" name.

OK, now I'm convinced that nobody reads the Announcements forum. :P

Cool Sci-Fi is getting a new name!

The 'Cliff Notes' is that it was time for a name change to allow for some flexibility with content and for branding. There are still some tweaks to be done (as there are "Cool Sci-Fi" names/labels in a lot of places yet) as we transition into the "Alien Soup" name.
I really do, did, when I first came here. Then not so much. I like the new name. Pretty awesome possum.

I really do, did, when I first came here. Then not so much.
What can we do to increase the frequency of your visits & posts? You can be brutally honest, I can take it. :nailbiting:
I like the new name. Pretty awesome possum.
Excellent! :D It'll take a bit for all of the branding to be switched over (the new name was changed earlier than planned thanks to a little 'Whoops' moment) but we're getting there.

Back