Confirmed Warzone TD, How to install this?

Veer

Scout
Hi guys, This game have so many files and folder, can you please download and have a look at this game?

In "gamedata" folder, there are "levels" and "xml" folders, full of files and also have a .swf file, how to deal with them all, its so difficult to upload one by one all files :( :cry:

Thanks

Attachments

• game_warzonetdAS3mrX.tar
    3.5 MB · Views: 95
The problem isn't the number of files so much as the fact that the files within the subfolders are all named the same. So the config for level 1 is named "config" while the config for level 2 has the exact same name. Because of this, the system thinks they are all the same.

Let me try some things.

I think only "one-click" .rar installer can handle this type of games.
Unfortunately that would have no affect on the problem. The issue is that by saving the misc. files into the DB it is losing the folder structure for the reason that Endrondol mentioned above. The real solution I believe would be rewrite & redo the saving of files to the DB.

Yup. I tried to manipulate the files by ftp and utilizing the naming conventions of the XFArcade import...but it won't work. As the game itself is calling to specific subfolders this addon is not robust enough to handle this level of complexity. And that's okay for a beta.

[ Moved to Open Bug Reports ]

Looking at the code last night, the only way I'm seeing at the moment to get games like this working is to totally rip out the current method of uploading files from the ACP. to stop using the DB to store the additional files, and to rewrite the code that handles the files requests. Won't be fun, easy, or quick and will require anybody with games already installed to re-install them (or to manually move files around).

XFRocks is on top of it. :smiley:

Back