• D-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aliasgirl47 said:
SydneyBristow201717 said:
Aliasgirl47 said:
Yay! Another Bush supporter! I love the fact that a Christian is leading our country!
a christan has ALWAYS leaded our country. and every here of seperation of state and church??????!!!
umm, actually no matter what some of these president's claim, you can't relaly say that they are Christians. Like they could just be going through the motions. And yes I have heard of seperation of church and state but this country was founded on the principles of God and was started by God fearing men, and that's the way it should be. Plus even though I have heard of seperation between church and state, that doesn't mean I have to agree with it.
that sounds awfully close to wanting a union of church and state... try thinking of it from a non-christian view

SiriCerasi said:
that sounds awfully close to wanting a union of church and state... try thinking of it from a non-christian view
well, that's not going to happen and I know that because there are so many different religions in our country and then so many non religious people too, that it would never turn out and would probably cause caos, but they could at least not make such a big deal over prayer in schools. I mean each kid can prayer to whomever or whatever he or she wants and if they prefer not to, they don't have to pray to anything at all...I just don't see the big deal there....

Woah there! That's taking a big jump, but you're entitled to your views.

But even though I am a Christian I think separation of church and state is so important. It would involve going back to how life was when the church was kept together with politics. That would involve picking one church to be the head, like having the Catholic church in charge. Which could very well lead to religious persecution all over!

btvaughn said:

But even though I am a Christian I think separation of church and state is so important. It would involve going back to how life was when the church was kept together with politics. That would involve picking one church to be the head, like having the Catholic church in charge. Which could very well lead to religious persecution all over!
which is why i think its wrong, and why i find it kinda scary that ppl htink its good that lots of presidents are christian...

Which is a personal choice and should be kept separate from politics.

Can you only imagine the problems it would cause if the president was openly a religion and used that to base his/her decisions?

btvaughn said:

that's what I meant with it causing caos, I mean there would be no just way to make one church the head, and then we'd all just be crazy people running around and fighting over who has the best religion which is wrong...i still think it should be ok for prayer in schools though

Alias_babe2007 said:
Aliasgirl47 said:
Yay! Another Bush supporter! I love the fact that a Christian is leading our country!
a christan has ALWAYS leaded our country. and every here of seperation of state and church??????!!!
Um..do you really think that they've all been Christians? :thinking:
hellooooO? where have you been? every presdient we've had has been some branch of christianity and white and male.

Alias_babe2007 said:
Aliasgirl47 said:
hellooooO? where have you been? every presdient we've had has been some branch of christianity and white and male.
yeah. which is kinda disturbing. how about a female, or a hindu, or *gasp* a muslim. Or someone who is hispanic, or chinese, or SOMETHING different!

SiriCerasi said:
Alias_babe2007 said:
Aliasgirl47 said:
yeah. which is kinda disturbing. how about a female, or a hindu, or *gasp* a muslim. Or someone who is hispanic, or chinese, or SOMETHING different!
I wonder why one of them is never elected...I mean anyone can realy be elected president and anyone can really run if they were born in America and are over 35 and hav lived here for 14 years and all, so why have all the presidents been the same.... We need an Alias fan for president, now that'd be something...

Prayer in school is a completely different area than separation of church and state. Which is an interesting issue. But I think leaders believe in keeping religion separate from school. Though I think people should be able to express prayers in public, it's a personal choice.

btvaughn said:
Prayer in school is a completely different area than separation of church and state. Which is an interesting issue. But I think leaders believe in keeping religion separate from school. Though I think people should be able to express prayers in public, it's a personal choice.
i agree, i think thats stupid

SiriCerasi said:
btvaughn said:
Prayer in school is a completely different area than separation of church and state.  Which is an interesting issue.  But I think leaders believe in keeping religion separate from school.  Though I think people should be able to express prayers in public, it's a personal choice.
I know, I mean it shouldn't be a big issue, it's not like they are amking anyone pray

i think school has been twisted. your there to learn. no socialze or pray unless it's a relgious private school. like back in the 1970's they use to teach kids in public schools latin theycould understand church services, but then when more children of diffrent religions became more widespread, the ACLU made the goverment make latin lessons for religion illegal in public schools

Aliasgirl47 said:
SiriCerasi said:
btvaughn said:
Prayer in school is a completely different area than separation of church and state.  Which is an interesting issue.  But I think leaders believe in keeping religion separate from school.  Though I think people should be able to express prayers in public, it's a personal choice.
I know, I mean it shouldn't be a big issue, it's not like they are amking anyone pray
yeah, so long as everyone doesnt HAVE to, its a choice, i think its fine

Back