Watching Classic SF (1950s)

Recently new network.

Since everything went digital a few years back, many new national networks have blossomed to serve as sub- channels of established local stations. ME TV, COMET and ANTENNA are just a few of the ones we get now over the air. I don't think you can get them from DISH or DIRECT.

For example our local CW station is WTTO 21. They have 4 sub-channels at 21.1, 21.2, 21.3, 21.4, all of which are recently created networks. Most feature shows from the 60's & 70's. Batman, the real Batman (Adam West) Bewitched, ST, Jeannie, all kinds of westerns, sci-fi, old movies, tons of Norman Lear, anything that was a hit and usually shown in order of original broadcast and UNCUT! I watch more shows over the air now than on DISH.

Try putting your set on the antenna setting and let it auto scan, to set the channels. You may have many available and not even know it.

Yes! That's it!

Over the course of a month they feature a wide variety of shows and movies. All the other similar networks do too and honestly, the stuff that's 30-60 years old is usually better than the junk offered today by the dish and cable people.

Tom, as a kid I liked watching all the old Japanese movies like Mothra, Godzilla, etc. because the actors lips never were in sync with the audio. I was a tomboy and had all the 12" the action figures like Godzilla, Frankenstein, Wolfman, etc. etc.. Vincent Price is still my all time favorite actor. My mom would put me in frilly dresses with ribbons in my hair and steer me toward things little girls should do for the 1960's ( stay clean)and all the time I drug around my action figures and played in the dirt with the boys. My dad thought it was funny. Of course I did eventually grow up and act normal... kind of like Wednesday Addams. ; )

Ha!

The 12" figures I had all had a plastic base that allowed them to stand alone. I had lots of them; Mummy, a knight, Dracula and several of the original G.I. Joes, not the smaller 1980's Joes, my kids had those.

@Verna thanks for mentioning Comet TV! :cool: Turns out it is on Verizon FiOS, channel 468, so I've been watching some of the old movies. On FiOS only the SD channel, with the black bars on the sides, is available, no HD widescreen. On their web site though they're showing the widescreen version so I can either watch on my laptop or send it to the TV with Google Chromecast.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! There are so many digital networks now; COMET, GRIT, GET-TV, ME_TV, just goes on & on but COMET is the one I watch most often and yes,it's available many ways.

Back