Watching Over You

SkyGirl5

Cadet
yes, i know HELLA FAST - but what can i say when the muse is there - SHES THERE BABY

ill make a WP for this tomorrwo when we actually have pics

remember this is unbetaed hot off the presses - just finished this very second

you know it, i know it, well all know it - say it with me people THE MAN IS ALIVE
this is living proof

for now this will be a one parter, however, if i feel the need i may continue as a WIP - now you all know i NEVER do WIP, never ever ever ever, until now - maybe ;)

Watching Over You

It’s funny the way things happen in life. You win some, you lose others. So why is it that the biggest win of all is coupled with the biggest loss?

Sydney is pregnant. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve grasped that concept in my mind yet. It’s too... wow, just wow. What I told her in the car was the honest truth. Bringing a baby into this world, this crazy, crazy world.... it’s unfair. That baby deserves what I never had; what she never had. Two parents his or her whole life. Not just one and certainly not the death of a parent. That is why this is absolutely killing me. But, all in all, it’s for the best. Deep down I know that.

Yes, bringing a baby into this world could be unfair, but that whole time I was looking at her, all I could see was her with a perfect innocent little child that we created, together. Her and me, Syd and I, just like it always is, just like it always has been for six years now.

Six years, god, that’s so insane. What we’ve been through is insane. All this crazy s*** makes me want to give up every single day but it’s her, she brings me back. We’ve been to hell and back and yet here we are together and we should be starting the most amazing chapter of our lives but we’re not. Suddenly, we’re on that one way train back to hell again and, sadly, I don’t know when it will stop.

Switches, deceit, lies, doubles. We’ve don’t it all before. But this time, the stakes are so high. If it was just me, fine. If it was just Syd and I, okay. But our baby... no, that’s not ok. We have to fix this. We’ve only got eight months and my god we have to do it. I’ll do this for my baby, I will, but god, it will be hard. There are so many unknowns... so much I don’t want to do with out her. But I have to. She needs to stay safe. I need to keep them safe.

Yet again I’m back to utter amazement. My child is growing inside Sydney right now. That’s.... amazing.

I have to go away and I am so, so very sorry that Sydney couldn’t be involved in this part of the plan. That look... the look on he face when that man was drilling me with his machine gun. That look nearly killed me. I’ve never seen her like that. It scared me. It scares me because I’m not going to be here. Who will protect her? Yeah, Jack’s good but... these people...

Right now I have to trust in Syd. I do trust her, straight to heaven and back, but god I really need her now. She has to find it. I know she can but she’s so upset. She’ll find it, I know she will.

I left a note, a place where she’d find it. It’s encoded; she knows the code. It’s something we came up with along this crazy road between SD-6 and here. A code we needed. We trust each other; only each other, I only hope that the revelation of my birth name, Andre Michaux, hasn’t broken or cracked that trust. Andre is just a name to me. It was changed before I was two years old so Michael Vaughn is all I’ve ever known. I am Michael Vaughn. Andre is someone else... someone I’ve never met. The note explains what I’ve done. Not why, she knows why. It explains what. I’ve only taken the first steps; she has to take the rest. I need her to. I know she will.

I’m coming out of my fake surgery now. No, wasn’t really hit with twelve thousand bullets out of a machine gun. Damn would that ever suck. Well, I really was shot, but bullet proof vests are the best invention ever. Syd’s coming in now. She’s got that look. She knows. Damn, I love this woman.

A gentle, subtle nod of the head, that’s all I need and I understand. Plans are set, everything is in motion. Mission save baby Bristow-Vaughn is a go. I just want to reach out and touch her belly. I haven’t yet but I want to feel if it’s real. Unfortunately, I need to stay in character so, I can’t. But I will, I have to. Someday.

Laying here, looking at her, all I can see is our future. Years down the line when we’ve left all this behind us. We’ve got a nice home with a big yard and swing sets outback. Little Isabelle is out there playing with her little brother. Hm... I don’t know what his name will be yet, but we’ll think of it when he comes. And Syd and I, we’re sitting on the porch, watching them play, talking about our days. I’m back to teaching French and she’s... well, she can do whatever she wants. She’s Sydney Bristow, soon to be Sydney Bristow-Vaughn. We will get married. We will have that white picket fence with the dog in the back yard running through the sprinkler on the lawn with the kids. Yeah, we’ll have it, I know we will.

“I love you,” I tell her. I’ve said it countless times and its validity only grows with each time I say it. I mean it with all my heart and all my soul. I’ve loved this woman for six years. I’ll love her until the day I die and even beyond, but that day isn’t today. Well, for the rest of the world it is, but not for me, not for her (and Jack too). I see him out there – Jack. He’s hovering. You know, I think he’ll be a good grandfather once he loosens up a bit. Oh god, poor kid. You know, I don’t think Syd and I should explain the truth about the little one’s grandparents. Some things really are better left alone.

“I love you," she says. I was the first to say those three perfect words in our relationship. I knew I would be. I also knew she felt them, but she’s just not as verbal as I am about her feelings. But once she said them, she just kept saying them. I never get tired of hearing it.

This is it, this is the performance. I better make it good.

Syd puts on a real show. Seeing her cry breaks my heart. I hate it when she cries. She just looks so broken and, god, I’d give anything to fix her.

I’m out now, I’m free. I know I need to get right to the airport, get my fake passport and be on my journey but something, some gut feeling keeps me here. I hide out for a few days, get word of the funeral and I go.

Now I finally understand what it was like for Sydney to watch her own funeral. It’s odd and surreal – as it should be. But there’s something... a gut feeling inside me I can’t describe. It’s eerie and... just off. This is wrong, I have to fix this. I will fix this.

I’m standing up on a hill above the church, well hidden behind the trees. They’re coming out with my casket now. Weiss, Jack, Marshall they’re all pallbearers. Everyone looks so sad. That’s good I guess... I mean, I’d be sad if they were happy. There she is, I see her. My Sydney with her stoic face just like her father. If only she knew I was here. She’d look up. We’d exchange glances once more. But she already knows everything she needs to. I’m her guardian angel up on this hill, same as I was six years ago, same as I always will be.

I’ll be watching over you Sydney, you too little angel, you too.

I love it...and gahh, i really hope this theory is right!!
that would be absolutely freakin' amazing.
:hug: because you are a crazy fic writer but we love you for it!
im sad right now..but this gives me hope. ok, so sad might be the understatement of the century but...
ok, im officially sobbing again. grr...its not going to stop is it?!?

thankies for the pm though.
if you decide to continue can i get a pm?!

-kait

I was wondering about you posting something so soon after an episode.
I understood once you said this was a one-parter.
I know you never post WIP's. Yours are completed before you start posting.

This was great.
I, too, am confident that Vaughn is still alive.
When he went to meet that man I was saying to myself that he better have on a vest.

Thanks. And, thank your muse.

I cannot even tell you the number of times I said/typed "he's not dead" last night. He's not! I am quite positive that Janet is right. I swear that the Alias writers read her fics....especially the one where she predicted what would happen during s5. That is downright freaky!

Loved it and you, Janet.

Loretta :smiley:

Janet,

that was awesome. Hope you continue this and if you are, please keep me on your Pm list.

Let's just hope we're are right and that Vaughn is alive and will be back to see his baby.

Have a great day!

:smiley:

CJ

I hope that this fic is what really happened on Alias. Vaughn can't be dead, that would be just cruel on the part of the writers to the S/V shippers.

If you do continue this please put me on the pm list.

This is soo good!!!
You've gotta keep writing.
I really wanna know what happened to Vaughn.
The way they left the episode just sucked.

Back