Watching TV online

Scarlet Crystal

Bibbity Rabbity
I have taken to watching a few shows online--particularly those only on special channels like Shotime and HBO. However, you quickly become subject to annoying services like MegaVideo (which cuts you off after a while, with no hope of just going to a computer in the next room or switching browsers). I have no intention for ever paying MegaVideo, but I grit my teeth and use as much free access as I can get from them. But is this all okay? TV on the internet? We all saw the writers' strike...

I don't have enough internet usage for that, but i do have TV hooked up to an external screen so i watch tv all of the time while i am on the computer.

I never watch TV online purely because my net speed can't handle it and if I could, well I'd probably get limited by my internet provider for too much usage :P I do time to time watch episodes of South Park though.

On another hand, if TV online did become popular I wonder what would be left of TV sales, and companies like SKY, Virgin or Comcast who will have a large user base with their TV stations. I presume they'd take to the net as well, offering HD Channels online on-demand. Maybe that's the next big thing?

Well it depends what you want to watch.

And there's a site in another language where you can get shows

Otherwise I google ...

Back