Season 4 Water, Rambaldi, Sloane

If Sloane did not succed at altering the water to do what he wanted, then how did it work on him? In Another Mister Sloane he goes crazy in the end and kills that guy. That is when he is near the red ball. This is just like what happened with the bees. They became extremely agitated when it was turned on. Both had been exposed to the Rambaldi stuff. Did Sloane make some better stuff for himself and put it in his water so he would end up that way? Less agressive and more passive. I guess that is why all through season 3 he is drinking water.

ballerina said:
If Sloane did not succed at altering the water to do what he wanted, then how did it work on him?  In Another Mister Sloane he goes crazy in the end and kills that guy.  That is when he is near the red ball.  This is just like what happened with the bees.  They became extremely agitated when it was turned on.  Both had been exposed to the Rambaldi stuff.  Did Sloane make some better stuff for himself and put it in his water so he would end up that way?  Less agressive and more passive.  I guess that is why all through season 3 he is drinking water.
[post="1337366"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Actually, Sloane did succeed in altering the water supply so that people would become more passive, more peaceful. He just didn't realize that the Orchid's chemical effect could be reversed. That is, reversed so that it produces the opposite effect: aggressiveness instead of passiveness. I have a different take on his constant consumption of water, though. What if Sloane was drinking water all the time because it's his very own filtered/pure/untainted water, so he can be sure that he himself is not affected by the chemicals that he introduced to the water supply. He says that some 300-400 million people have been affected, but what's to say that that does not include North America/Europe? He may not even be telling the truth about the extent of it. That psychotic episode where he beat Carter to a pulp does not have to be related to the chemicals in the water. To say the least, Sloane does not need the aid of bioengineering to be psychotic.

woah - I never thought about this - so maybe he hsa calmed himself with all the water :shocked:

nice call!!! (y)

Oh dear god, that is a brilliant call. If this pans out and sloane is all calm due to the water and flipped due to the red orb, I most definitely owe you a virtual cookie.

And here I thought all the red orb did was spread a virus. Oh Rambaldi, you amaze me to no end.

I don't think that Sloane flipped out due to the water in his system (although I am sure he does have some water in his system). I think Sloane flipped out in that scene because he had realized that his obsession with immortality was the cause of his obsession with Rambaldi and almost the ruin of his life. It was Rambaldi that made him lose Jack, Sydney, Emily, his respectability, and almost Nadia. He wants us to believe he has dropped that obsession for the greater good, therefore when he comes face to face with someone with the same obsession, he despises them.

You guys have a good point. I never really put the whole water thing together before now.

The title of the finale is "Before the Flood".

That's an awful lot of water to be dealing with.

Maybe Sloane will finally snap.... :confused:

Alias531 said:
I don't think that Sloane flipped out due to the water in his system (although I am sure he does have some water in his system).  I think Sloane flipped out in that scene because he had realized that his obsession with immortality was the cause of his obsession with Rambaldi and almost the ruin of his life.  It was Rambaldi that made him lose Jack, Sydney, Emily, his respectability, and almost Nadia.  He wants us to believe he has dropped that obsession for the greater good, therefore when he comes face to face with someone with the same obsession, he despises them.
[post="1338313"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

OR Sloane has worked so long and hard to acheive this "Peace" that seeing it being brought into the hands of people who would use it for evil makes him snap. I guess it happens all the time - people who are willing (or have to - WWII) kill for peace. But still kind of twisted. Kind of like "Pro-Lifers" who kill doctors who perform abortions. It would explain how he feels justified in all the lives he has taken - the end justifies the means.

I kind of like this direction - it develops Sloane into more than just the Bad Guy - he is rather a complex character like the rest of them. I watch the last three hours with interest!!

ballerina said:
  Did Sloane make some better stuff for himself and put it in his water so he would end up that way?  Less agressive and more passive.  I guess that is why all through season 3 he is drinking water.
[post="1337366"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Is he drinking water all through season 3? I never noticed! Definitely a good theory though that perhaps the water had an effect on him . . . although I prefer to think of him as having reached some kind of a revelation after seeing the word "peace" come out of the Rambaldi device.

DSR<O> said:
Actually, Sloane did succeed in altering the water supply so that people would become more passive, more peaceful.  He just didn't realize that the Orchid's chemical effect could be reversed. 
. . .
  To say the least, Sloane does not need the aid of bioengineering to be psychotic.
[post="1337387"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Not right, actually. He said that he had put in all the chemicals *except* the additive from the orchid, because he hadn't been able to find the orchid. He said he had tried synthetic substitutes but that they hadn't worked. The catch is all those other chemicals are still in the water, so all the bad guys have to do is add the Orchid Additive (rather than having to add the Orchid stuff and everything else, too.)

I agree though - Sloane doesn't need anything but Rambaldi to make him go psycho!

At the end of the episode, Sloane talks about himself being a "monster"- it makes sense that he would drink the water himself - because he wants to change and he says that he has changed for the better.

If Sloane's going postal on that one guy is from the sphere that made the bees go mad - that would be another way of showing "That is all Connects"

Back