Ways to know if you're a Harry Potter Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found these at websites, feel free to add your own! ;)
(oh btw a lil off topic, but did u know that Andy Roddick reads Harry Potter? Hehe that's great)

You know you're obsessed with Harry Potter when.......

-You write a song about Snape at 3 am. (Song, what song? I don't know anything about any song........)

-In the thrill of the sport, you accidentally yell, "Go Gryffindor!" at a hockey game. (Could happen to anyone, I'm sure. Gators and Gryffindor start with the same letter!!)

-Someone reads a sentence from one of the books and you can name the chapter and the speaker.

-You've lost count of how many times you've read the book.

-You can sing the Sorting Hat song by heart.

-You can play the soundtrack on your piano.

-You go to the movie theatre with a picture of Snape on your forehead.

-You get many strange looks because you walk about with a lightning bolt on your forehead.

-You come to school dressed as a Hogwarts student on a regular basis.

-You named your cat Crookshanks.

-You see a black dog, and you run, shrieking, "The Grim, it's the Grim!"

-You sit on your sidewalk in the middle of the night and wait for a big purple bus to drive up.

-You purposely sleep in the cupboard under your stairs. (Ours is far too small.....)

-You have a lovely little collection of those free Harry Potter cups that movie theatres give away.

-Your response to something cool is "Wicked!"

-You try to make your mom drink imitation butterbeer.

-You tape Harry Potter Hour with Rosie and watch it over........and over.........and over......

-You open your window and shout, "Hedwig!"

-You pine for a girl a named Cho. (Strictly for the guys.....)

-Your classmates squabble over a picture of Daniel Radcliffe. (Scarily enough, this happened last year....I was not involved.)

-Someone says, "I'm serious!" and you reply, "What colour?"

-You cry everytime you hear the music from the Mirror scene.

-You are so excited you cry when you see the CoS trailer. (Wow, I wonder who that could be? Becky, do you know who that could be?)

-You've heard the cast members answer the same questions so many times that you know what they're going to say.

-You comment one morning while walking into school that "This is the first rainy day at Hogwarts all school year".

-You call your teachers Professor.

-When someone screws up in chemistry, you fuss at them for messing up their "Potion" and take ten points from Gryffindor. (Meg????)

-You spend your entire lunchtime talking about anything and everything Harry Potter.

-You refer to homeroom assignments as being "sorted".

-When you're behind someone who is walking really, really slowly, instead of saying "excuse me", you hiss at him. (Erm...oops.)

-You speak fluent Parseltongue.

-You write fanfiction. (Need I say more?)

-Someone mentions Snape, and you look around excitedly and say,"Where? Where?"

1) You have the Harry Potter Diary and actually attempt calling the numbers that are supposedly Ron and Hermione's phone numbers.

2) You wait by the door everyday for that blessed letter that says you've been accepted at hogwarts

3) You take a trip to London and try to find your way onto the Hogwarts Express

3) You made yourself a wand and try to use it

4)You jumped off you veranda on a broomstick thinking you could fly

5) You put curses on your enemys

6)You get a group of three friends together, 2 guys and one girl, and u force them to call themselves Ron and Hermione, of course you reserve the name of Harry for yourself!

7)Anything that isn't Harry Potter magic isn't real magic, which is what you tell all the people who think they are witches at school

8)You buy yourself some official robes

9)You buy a pet owl and try and use it to send messages to Ron and Hermione

10)You actually think your name is Harry Potter and you make your parents change your name to that!

some of mine

Your email says you've got mail! And you run outside to look for Hedwig

You make up quidditch games to play in your pool :blush:

You pretend that you actually go to Hogwarts, and you get a broom and pretend to fly in it :blush:

You buy the every flavor beans and eat them constantly

-You can sing the Sorting Hat song by heart.

Now that's just sad.

Actually..ahem, me and my friend memorized it once for the heck of it, so i still know most of it..hehe :blush:

*goes off singing*
oh you may not think i'm pretty, but don't judge on what you see
I'll eat myself if you can find a smarter hat than me lol i'll stop now :blush:

-You are so excited you cry when you see the CoS trailer. (Wow, I wonder who that could be? Becky, do you know who that could be?)

Though I did not do this, I might be crying during the 3rd one for reasons we all know! I'm probably gonna break into hysterics in the middle of the movie. :(

Cass...I'd almost forgotten about that...*just blocking bad memories...* I probably will start sobbing and then I'll be this old teenager in a theater filled with younger kids (which happened EVERY single time I went...lol!) laughing...and I'll be crying!

I know! And then everyone will be looking at us all weird and they won't understand! I'm obviously going to have to go by myself and sit in my own little corner, because I have a huge feeling I will be crying in the movie!

Sarah Vartan said:
-Someone reads a sentence from one of the books and you can name the chapter and the speaker.

-You've lost count of how many times you've read the book.
that is SO me... the second one more... i'm getting confused on fanfics from the first one.

Same here! Reading After the End forced me to realize...absolutely none of that had happened. Those ships didn't exist...Ginny wasn't a healer...and everything that goes along with that.

I can't remember any apart...lol...that's nuts!

btvaughn said:
Same here! Reading After the End forced me to realize...absolutely none of that had happened. Those ships didn't exist...Ginny wasn't a healer...and everything that goes along with that.

I can't remember any apart...lol...that's nuts!
yeah, i'm going to be so sad after i read 'after the end' because i'll realize that none of it is actually like that. and some of it's good... i mean dumbledore's not dead yet and hogwarts wasn't almost ruined... but everything else... well, it was just so GOOD and so well-thought out... i wonder... jkr should read it and take some hints... lol... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back