Ways to Know Your From a Small Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went from having maybe 15-20 kids in my class (Senior year they actually combined Spanish III (Juniors) with Spanish IV so the class would be fuller... it felt like being in a one room school...) to having about 200-350 in my lectures here at school now....

It was quite a change, but I got used to it :D

Frogboy_Lives said:
50 students is huge class. I've never had more than 30 class mates, if that
FIFTY?!?! 50 is a huge class?!?! :jaw drop: ::drops dead of shock and then gets back up ;):: Whoa...dont you guys get tired of seeing the same people over and over? People who are in the same classes with you and do the same things as you do? People who'll never forget that embarrassing time you did something? That's why I transfered to this middle school where no one knew me. I could re-invent myself. I didn't have a past there. I wasn't that girl who was friends with all the guys and a sl** at that. I was just me. I could start all over.

And if you do something bad, do your parents really know about it that soon?

LOL this thread is hilarious suzi!!!! :lol: :P
i grew up in quite a small town in a valley surrounded by hills and lots of the list u posted are so true for my town!!! :P :rolleyes:
and same for me when i hit university and class sizes went from like 20 upto 300 in my first year!!!!! ^_^

LOL, those are great. I was once was from a small town but now I live in a BIG town that should be a city, but-I-have-no-clue-why-it-isnt. ^_^

VaughnFan13 said:
Frogboy_Lives said:
50 students is huge class. I've never had more than 30 class mates, if that
FIFTY?!?! 50 is a huge class?!?! :jaw drop: ::drops dead of shock and then gets back up ;):: Whoa...dont you guys get tired of seeing the same people over and over? People who are in the same classes with you and do the same things as you do? People who'll never forget that embarrassing time you did something? That's why I transfered to this middle school where no one knew me. I could re-invent myself. I didn't have a past there. I wasn't that girl who was friends with all the guys and a sl** at that. I was just me. I could start all over.

And if you do something bad, do your parents really know about it that soon?
who are you kidding? I see new people everyday at school! Our school grows bigger each year. (this may sound confusing) there was an extra 30 that wasnt filled by the leaving seniors. and this years theres an extra 90! Theres about 933 students in my school. (yep, i counted them all ;) )

i related to some of them.
like i now the name of everyone in my class (we're like 21)
in 4th grade i was in a class of 39. the biggest ive ever been.
i didnt really relate to the cops here, b/c here nobody cares.
i buy beer in the same store i bought chocolates when i was 10.

A contribution:
-whatever happened on friday/saturday night was all over school by the end of first hour on monday.
(or earlier)
-if you had met someone,or hooked up with anyone, not only the school knew it, but all the teen population.
- Everybody knows everybody. directly or undirectly.
- you talk about any 'new' friend and 5 or more ppl jump with storus.
- your crushes were hardly ever secret
-the parties are usually host by the same person , so that is the "party house"
- your parents dont let you hang out with some friends b/c they're "bad influence"

24. Your teachers call you by your older sibling's names.
Oh,i hate that! my teachers said all my sisters name before remembering mine
28. The closest mall is over an hour away. > .
Like 2 hrs is more likely...
31. Most people go by a nickname. >Yep
Tottally! you dont know someone's last name but you know their nickname

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back