Announcements We are moving!

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
[img2=left]http://www.coolscifi.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif[/img2]Update: The move is complete! Thanks to Zachery (you may know him from the vBulletin community) the move was done pretty fast and everything is up and running again. Very cool. Now I can stop worrying about running about of drive space and instead concentrate of adding new features. Now is the time to send me your 'wish list' of new features that you'd like to see added.

Cool SciFi is moving to a new home! :eek:

For the past few weeks I've been working on a Project X and we're almost ready with it. This X project was to acquire our own dedicated server! The new server will having nothing on it for now but Cool SciFi which means that we'll have plenty of space for the Gallery and anything else we can come up with.

So, for the new few days, if anybody notices anything stange or has any problems it will be related to the move. Don't worry, hopefully everything will be sorted out as fast as we can.

noted

currently the site does take rather a long time to loadup, even with broadband, i just assumed that was the design, rather than sharing bandwidth with other sites

Kevin, great move... if you need any help let me know (we own plenty of servers to have some wisdom for you if you need it).

Mr. Destructo: Yeah, the load times kill me sometimes. The new server will have just my own sites on it (I have no plans of reselling) so at least for a few weeks or so Cool SciFi will be the only thing on it. It's a P4 2.8 with 1gb of ram and 160gb of hard drive space. :jiggy: Eventually there'll be two other sites on the box, a local community site for my new hometown which is going to be low volume and the other site is something I'm keeping under wraps for now (won't be sci-fi related). I'm really hoping to get the site migrated over in fast timeframe.

Erik_: Thanks for the offer. :cool:

Back