TV We need another space show

lawless

Cadet
Series or movie franchise with space ships and great music again. We need a third alternative to Trek and Wars. The two are done by the same guy for goodness sakes. I wonder how many people are sitting on their own sci-fi space opera universes with at least dozen or more stories to fit it and are wisely starving Trek and Wars out to their own brand of mediocrity which is doing a bang up job thus far not knowing anything about sci-fi, Trek or Wars or being sci-fi gals or guys. It's as simple as that. Junk can't last forever but sci-fi can. People will catch on eventually to what's grinding metal and what isn't and finally close their wallets to Hollywood and the mediocrity mafia, and the Expanse wasn't it. Even Babylon 5 wasn't the paridgm shift JM Strazinski thought it was.

I would love it if there were enough space shows to watch at least an hour a day, five days a week. We're starving and will watch anything the put up.

A franchise can't be two guys on a space ship, cause that's star Trek and would be devoured by it and it's like, like Star Wars. It has to have a very unique and original premise that can't be swallowed whole by those behemouths. I think Trek and Wars current disasters won't keep them afloat forever. Themes and concepts are what keeps things afloat. Star Trek's is deeply flawed and Star Wars' is played out. They're colluding with each other as it is to give us pig slop. In case you're wondering, that is an acquired taste. Heck, they'll get you to believe it's delicious too in time.

I don't blame you for loving the only space opera on tv in ten years. We need an optimistic dramatic and artistic approach again like we haven't had since '69. God, the temerity of the bottom feeders in Hollywood. So far up each other's asses, they could taste what they had for lunch. Sorry, mods.

I'm tired of dark and gritty. Is it too much to ask for bright and optimistic. Not apple store lens flares. But even like 2001. A series with beautiful available people and things and technologies in space that are beautiful and moral. The complex told simply. Artistic and dramatic.

I'm tired of dark and gritty. Is it too much to ask for bright and optimistic. Not apple store lens flares. But even like 2001. A series with beautiful available people and things and technologies in space that are beautiful and moral. The complex told simply. Artistic and dramatic.
Beautiful people in space.... Ascension.

It's difficult to think of a new series as like SW and ST they turn into soaps with Sc-Fi 'fill-in'. Perhaps something which would make a series is a community on Mars and then later on when we are fed up with that being buried in bubbles introduce some Aliens who arrive to cause havoc.

The resilience of ST, SW, and even BSG is that they have become a part of pop culture, in particular American pop culture. For any new sci-fi franchise to really succeed long term it would need to do the same.

So the question is... what would it take for a new show to really become popular enough that it becomes part of pop culture? These days, with the glutton of TV, movie, and streaming options, it's pretty darn hard for a new title to break out into the mainstream and achieve that status.

The Expanse and Stargate did pretty well and somebody is gonna have to explain to me the appeal of those two shows. Of course the premise has to be unique and not just about space and space ships or aliens, dare I say.

Stargate is a mangled mess. The Expanse is not optimistic in the least. We deserve a hopeful bright future again, not dark and gritty. And not morally ambigeuos. sp?.

Bright optimistic future , all things come with struggle and showing how we can over come the odds with finding new ways to solve problems and better educate ourselves if I haven't said before my fav sci series are quantum leap enterprise ds9 Babylon 5 all of these say we must explore and learn new ways of understanding new species , Quantum leap had virtually 0 combat enterprise emphasized exploration and threw in a threat via the temporal cold war , get the picture here a solid universe with heart soul and a reason as to why they fight for.

Stargate is a mangled mess. The Expanse is not optimistic in the least. We deserve a hopeful bright future again, not dark and gritty. And not morally ambigeuos. sp?.
As there ever really been a sci-fi series that was not morally ambiguous? 🤔

That's the point of sci fi to challenge interpretations and explore possible timelines or if you don't you end up with j j ahbrams input and screw around with multiple times and create niche series for some unknown point
As there ever really been a sci-fi series that was not morally ambiguous? 🤔
[/QUOTE

Back