We Still Have Each Other

i just caught up with the new chapter!!!!!!
i´ts great!
thanx for the pm!!!
can you pm again when you update....
please??????
kisses
anya :mellow:

And the SpyFam continues!! :jump: :P Maybe??! :confused:
That's cool how they told her, but I had this whole thought of her becoming like a SpyJunior, like in SpyKids. :lol: THAT would have been cute!! :P Talk about an asset to the CIA!!! ^_^ She would have all the smarts for it anyways, she IS Vaughn and Sydney's baby after all!!! :smiley: ;)
Love how she took it!! One question though, does she have any younger siblings?? :blink: Or is she it, like Sydney was it for Jack and Irina?? :confused:
Just wondering!!! :D
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>AWESOME!! </span>👍 Can't wait for more! :jump: Thanx for the PM! (y)
🦋 Colly E.

Hiya guys! I know it's been ages since iI last updated, but what can I say other than sorry? I had tons of things to do, and I wanted to get this chapter right, because it's the last one. So I also wanted to thank you for putting up with me and my lack of updates, and for reviewing and saying such nices things about my fic. It truly meant a lot. So, here it is... The last chapy. Enjoy!

Chapter 12 ~ * Decision *

- Night. Belle’s bedroom -

After spending the night with her friends, Belle got home and went quickly upstairs. She was utterly exhausted. It had been one long day. After checking that her little brother was sound asleep, she went to her room and got changed. Faster than she’d thought possible, she was asleep too.

-------------------------

- Morning -

Belle woke up when she heard a couple of faint knocks on the door. They were barely audible, but yet she had heard them. Had she sensed that someone was going to knock on the door at that moment? It wouldn’t be so shocking if that were the case. Her parents sensed stuff all the time. It was disturbing when it came down to her teenage self, but it was comforting when she was feeling down and wanted to talk to them, not needing to say that she did.

She cleared her throat. “ Come in. ”

Her dad slowly opened the door, Sydney was standing behind him.

“ Is this a good time to talk? ” – he asked

“ Mmm… Ok, yeah. ” – she answered

“ Sure? ” – Sydney asked

“ Yeah. I’m actually kinda curious, so I want you to tell me everything. ”

Belle sat up in bed and her parents sat next to her.

“ Well, ” – Vaughn started. “ The first thing you should know is that, no matter how cool it may seem, this isn’t the easiest of jobs. In fact, it’s very difficult and it requires a lot of discipline and responsibility. ”

Belle nodded, and Syd continued. “ If you choose to work for the US Government, then you should also know that there are some rules that may seem a bit wild or weird for you, but you still have to follow them. ”

“ Like when you and dad couldn’t date? ”

“ Yeah, like that. And not that that wasn’t awfully hard, but sometimes they are worse. ”

“ Like what? ”

“ For example doing what your superiors want you to do even though you are 100 % sure it’s not the right move. And even if you prove them wrong, you can’t do anything about it. You have to compartmentalize a lot ”

Belle nodded once again.

Vaughn continued. “ Another thing is that in this job, you’ll see the worst of people. You will meet persons so selfish and evil that you never thought could exist. ”

“ And in rare occasions you get to do something about it.” – Syd added. “ This life is dangerous, it’s draining, it’s a lie. ”

“ Then how come you still do it? ” – she asked, not understanding

“ We’ve learnt to deal with all this. We’ve seen it pretty much all now, and we only want to make things better. To help our country and make this a better place to live in. For you to live in. ”

“ What are the good things about it? ”

“ Well, the money is. ” – Michael said, and they all giggled. “ There will be times when everything seems to be wrong. But other times you’ll go to sleep thinking how many people you saved from dying, or how many weapons you prevented from being sold to the enemy, or how your government has recovered something that belonged to it in the first place.”

Belle just stared intently at him, absorbing all of the information.

“ But the best thing is that you would be working with us. And we don’t know if you’d like that, if that’s what you want, but we would love to. And we could protect you better if you were working with us than if you were somewhere else.” – Syd added

“ But like we said before, this is completely up to you. We’ve told you the good and the bad stuff, the pros and cons. Now it’s your decision. ”

“ Okay… But I will need some time to think about this. ” – Belle answered

“ Of course honey. We’re gonna leave you alone now, so you can go back to sleep or do some thinking, ok? ” – said Vaughn

“ Alright. ” – she said, suddenly seeming serious and scared.

“ Awww honey, come here.” Said Sydney, as she pulled her daughter into a hug. Shortly after Michael joined the two. “ You don’t need to be scared. ” – he added.

“ We’ll be downstairs if you need us. ” – said Sydney after breaking the hug

“ Ok. ” – said Belle

They left the room, looking back one more time just to make sure she was alright.

---------------------------

- Downstairs -

“ Don’t you find it hard to believe we just had that conversation with her? ” – Syd asked

“ I know. Time has flied. ”

“ I know. So what do you wanna do now?”

“ Honestly, I want to run back upstairs and hold her in m arms forever. But that’s a little overprotective of me. ” – he said

“ You think? ” – she teased

“ I know, I know. But what if she decides to go to college and move out, and we can only see her on the weekends? Could you handle that? ”

“ No, I don’t think I could. But if that’s what she wants, then we have to respect it. We’d still have out little boy. ”

“ I know. ” – he reluctantly agreed. “ How about we watch a movie? ” – he suggested

“ Good idea. Maybe it’ll take my mind off this ”

“ How about ‘The Bourne Identity’? ” – he said

“ Yeah, ‘cause that movie will definitely take my mind off this! ”

“ Oh, sorry. Which one then? ”

“ Pirates Of The Caribbean? ”

“ I don’t know what’s with you and old movies today, but ok. That was a good one. ”

He put the video in the vcr and. moved to the couch. He sat next to his beautiful wife, and snuggled up to her. He kissed her passionately and then smiled.

“ You ready? ” – he asked

“ Sure. ”

He pressed play and the movie began.

---------------------------

- 2 hours later -

The movie had just finished when they heard footsteps on the stairs.

“ Are you busy? ” – Belle asked

“ No sweetie, the movie just finished. ”

She looked at the screen and added “ Pirates Of The Caribbean again? How many time are you gonna watch that?! ”

“ What can we say? It was…. distracting. ” – Syd answered

“ Oh. ” – she said, as the fact that they’d been worrying so much about her sunk in.

“ What is it honey? ”

“ I’ve made up my mind. ” Both her mom and dad looked at her intently.

She continued. “ After you guys left my room, I went back to sleep. I had a dream. ” She paused. “ A dream where I was at college and living very far away from here. I only saw you on the weekends, and…. ” She paused once again. Sydney took advantage of that to look at Michael with a huge smile on her face because they had all been imagining the same situation at the same time. He understood what she meant and smiled back.

“ When I woke up I realized I don’t want that. I love you more than I can say and I want to stay here, with you. And that’s why I want to work for the CIA. ” – she finished

Both Syd and Vaughn instantly sat up and hugged their daughter.

“ Are you sure this is what you want? ” - asked Michael

“ Yeah, I’m pretty sure. This is what you wanted me to do, right?”

“ Yes! ” – yelled Syd

“ Thank you. Thank you for everything. ” – said Belle

She broke the hug and excused herself. “ I think I need to sleep a bit longer today… ”

“ No problem honey. ”

Once she was out of sight, Michael turned around to face Syd and said. “ Just remember that, even if everything is taken away from us, we still have each other. ”

She smiled a dimpled smile. “ Thank you. I love you. ”

“ I love you too. ”

They hugged and, as they did, flashes of their life came to mind. But this time there was a difference. And a huge one at that. This family of spies wasn’t an unhappy one, full of betrayal, hatred and anger. It was one full of love.

THE END

Aw...that was so good!! I loved the entire fic!! And Belle's going to work for the CIA...wow...Time really does fly!! It was so good!!!

And by the way, thanks for all the pms! I had to keep up with this story!!

IT'S THE END!?!? :eek: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
I really have to say that I loved the whole fic and I'm really sad that this is it! :(
I really liked the ending especially this sentence:
“ Just remember that, even if everything is taken away from us, we still have each other. ”
That was so beautiful! :smiley:
Well....thank you for always keeping me up to date on this fic and I enjoyed reading each chapter! ;)
GOOD JOB!(y)

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! </span>:::sniffle-hiccup-snort::::
how adorable, a new and IMPROVED Spy Fam!!!!! :lol: :D :P
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>GREAT </span><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>AWESOME</span> <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>LOVABLE</span> story!!! (y) (y) (y)
So glad I found it and read it with everyone!!! Can't wait to see anymore fics from you!!! :rolleyes: You should DEFINITLY do more!!! (y)
One teeny Q that's taunting me, what's the little brother's name and how old is he?? :blink: Just curious to know!!! :angelic:
Anywho, here's a pic in honor of SpyFamilies, the OG SpyFam you can say....
emmys03-083.jpg

Enjoy!! :D
🦋 Colly E.

awwwwwwwww. okay that tottally deserved a big awwwww. it was really sweet! great job on this fic. It was great. though one question... despite Sydney coming to terms with her job, why would she want bring her daughter into it? ;) eh maybe it's just me.
--Mandy :angelic:

ok, I just wanted to say a few things that have been on my mind. What ppl think of me or my work means a great deal to me. So i want to thank you all again for the wonderful feedback you always give me. And i also wanted to apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes there may have been - I'm sure there were some - I know that can be kind of annoying, so thanks again. I did my best, but english is still my 2nd language. ;)

Colly E: I hadn't thought of a name for him, becuz when I had to name Belle i spent 3 hours doing so. But one of the names I like for boys - so probably the one I'd choose - is Jared. And he is 12 years old. That was a lovely pic, btw! thanks for posting it! :D

Mandy:

“ But the best thing is that you would be working with us. And we don’t know if you’d like that, if that’s what you want, but we would love to. And we could protect you better if you were working with us than if you were somewhere else.” – Syd added

It would be safer for Belle to be near her parents all the time, and that way they would be able to protect her. Think of it like Jack and Sydney, only with more love. ;)

Hope that clears your doubt!

Thanks again! :D

Caro

ps: i doubt i'll write a sequel, but i'll definitely write more fics!

Back