We Still Have Each Other

Well, I’m sorry it took me a little long to get this chapter written, but I’ve had much to study. Well, I hope this makes the wait worthwhile. Enjoy! :smiley:

Chapter 9 ~ * Intact *

- CIA Operations Center -

Sydney and Michael felt a strong déjà vu. Yes, it had happened before. This was the third time, actually. And they say ‘Third time’s a charm’. But no, not in this case. Analysis couldn’t find anything on the drawing. No leads…. again.

Sydney got up and left, no words spoken. Michael followed. The room fell silent.

“ Hey! ” – he called once he was outside. “ Syd! ”

She turned around, tears falling. He walked to where she was standing and hugged her tight.

“ I know…. I know. ” – he whispered into her ear, as he began sobbing himself

“ Will we ever get her back? I mean, I keep thinking…. Imagining we’ll find her soon, and that when we do she is ok. No psychological damage or physical…. Alive…..” She paused. “ But the truth is, that every morning I wake up is harder to find a reason to live, or a reason that’s gonna make this all the least worthwhile! ” – she finished through tears

“ I know you do. And I also know that every morning you wake up and try to find a reason to live, you find one. ”

“ Yeah… you. ” – she whispered

“ And you’ll have me always. No matter what. The sky can fall…I’ll still be here. ”

At that moment Sydney’s cell phone rang. He dried a few tears, and she mouthed ‘thank you’ to him before answering.

“ Hello. ”

“ I know where your daughter is. ”

Sydney’s eyes opened wide.

“ Mom?! ”

“ Yes Sydney. I know where she is. Austin, Texas. ” – Irina answered

“ Why should I believe you?! I mean, how do you know where Belle is?! ” – she asked, sobbing again

Michael was static.

“ I just gave you a lead. You’ve never had that before, have you? ”

Sydney didn’t answer.

“ I’ll take that as a no. She’s being held at an abandoned building in the outskirts of Austin. Former Alliance facility. ”

“ Ok. ” – Sydney whispered. The information was too overwhelming.

Irina hung up the phone. Sydney was speechless, but they had to move fast.

-------------------------------

- Briefing room, 20 minutes later -

After telling everyone in the room what had happened, Sydney let out a sigh.

“ Ok. ” – Kendall spoke. “ We need to move. The whole team is going. For now, w e need to assume it’s a setup. The plane leaves in an hour. ” He paused. “ Agent Bristow, agent Vaughn, are you two sure you can handle this? We have no idea what we’re going to find. ”

“ We’re going. ” – Michael stated without hesitation

“ And if you imply our daughter is dead, or even hurt, again, you’ll regret it. ”

“ I’ll let that slip agent Bristow, considering the circumstances,. But don’t ever threaten me again. ”

Michael got up and led Sydney out of the room before she could answer him. Once they were outside, he spoke to her.

“ Hey Syd, we need to calm down or we’ll get nothing done. ”

“ Did you hear what he said?! ”

“ Yeah, I did. I would have told him to f*** off too, but it’d only make things worse than they are already. ”

She looked down.

“ Hey…. ” – he aid as he took her chin in his hand so that she looked at him. “ She’s fine. I’m sure she is. And we’ll find her. ”

“ You really think so? ” – she asked

“ I do. Now, we gotta get ready if we want to get there as soon as possible. ”

“ Ok. ”

----------------------

- CIA plane -

“ Ok agents. I want you to raid that building and take down any guard you see. Got it?
” – said Jack

Everyone nodded.

“ We’re landing in 10 minutes. ”

Sydney felt a chill go up her spine.

“ You ready? ” – Michael asked her, while he held her hand

“ As ready as I ever will be. But I’m just…. just so scared. ”

“ I know honey. But it’ll get better, I promise. ”

“ I love you. ” – she said, and gave him a quick kiss

“ I do too. ”

She turned around and stared out the window.

---------------------------

- Former Alliance facility -

Getting inside the building was no problem. The CIA team was more numerous that the guards, and they fell easily.

Both Sydney and Michael ran desperately through the halls, entering each room, hoping to find their precious daughter. They’d checked over 10 doors and they’d still found nothing. She was getting frustrated already, jumping to the conclusion that her mother, once again, had set her up.

However, it was no setup. Michael opened one door and scanned the room. This one, unlike the others, seemed more cozy and warm. It was furnished and it was bigger than the others. He took a better look and almost fainted at the sight. A sense of relief came over his body. Belle was there. She was sitting on a chair, drawing on a sheet of paper. Sydney got inside the room and run faster than she’d ever run in her life towards her little girl. Michael followed.

Belle looked up when she saw two people approaching her and grinned.

“ Mommy!!! Daddy!!! ” – she said

“ Oh my God, Belle! Are you all right?! ” – asked Sydney while checking out her daughter for wounds or injuries and trying to calm down a bit, since Belle seemed to be intact.

“ I’m fine. ” – she said as she gave her parents a kiss on the cheek

“ We missed you so much! Baby, are you sure you’re ok? ” – Michael asked again as he stroke her beautiful curls. He was still trying to figure who’d she got those from.

“ Yeah daddy, I’m ok. But you don’t look so good. And mommy doesn’t either. Are you ok? ”

Michael picked her up.

“ Don’t you worry about us. We’re ok now that we’re with you. ” – he answered

“ That’s true. We missed you so much. God, it’s been so long. ” – she added, taking a look at the green eyes she hadn’t seen in so long. They were as beautiful as Michael’s.

“ What do you mean so long? ” – Belle asked puzzled

“ Do you remember how long it’s been since you last saw us? ” – Sydney asked, trying to put two and two together, but failing horribly

“ Ummm… No. ” – she answered

Sydney and Michael realized that they hadn’t even looked around to see if someone else was in the room. It had been a stupid thing to do, but they knew they were protected in case somebody wanted to hurt them. She turned her head around, to find there actually was somebody else in the room.

“ You?! What have you done to my daughter?! ” – she yelled

TBC

-------------------

Thanks a lot for reading! Please don’t hate me because of the cliff! ;)

ohhhh nice. good cliff hanger. so Belle doesn't remember being away from her parents? memory re-conditioning? and I'm taking a guess at the person in the room... hmmm can it be Irina?
--Mandy :angelic:

well mandy, guess away. you'll find out who it is next chapter, but the most important thing here is why. keep on guessing!!!

thanks! :smiley:

YAY! Belle is ok!
how can you leave us like that? i wanna no how it is?!
i goin to have to go with mandy on this. is it irina?
thanx for the PM

~kim :homestar:

Great chapter. I really glad they found Belle. I wonder what has happened to her and who the other person in the room is. Good cliffhanger. I can't wait to see what happens next. Please post more soon.

Thanks for the pm.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>OOOOHH!!! </span>They got Belle back!!!! :jump:
How exciting!!! :woot:
Oh, and whoever that is in the room BETTER say his/her last wishes and declarations cause they dead meat walking!! :spam:
You have: Vaughn, Jack AND Sydney within destruction distance!!! ;)
Great chap!! Can't wait for more!!! (y) :D
🦋

i've tried to write some more, but i'm sorry, i don not have time. I want to apologize, but the next chap will be up some time around the weekend. See u then! :D

Back