Websites

S

smegheadalways

Hey, if this is in the wrong place then sorry in advance, but I'm gonna set up my own website and this could be a place where I get some help! :D

What hosts and etc do I go with?

Hmmmm, I'm not even sure if this would be allowed. It's kinda sitting right on the border between allowed and not allowed. I'll let Charlie decide on this one.

I'm willing to help anyone set up sites though. It's preferred that you IM me via MSN, YIM or AIM (Just click on the coordinating buttons below my post) rather than email or PM.

Thanks Charlie, but I ain't promoting it, hell I ain't even got started yet :lol:
I'll check out your link, thanks! (y)

Thanks I'm thinking of ideas of what ppl want, sadly it'll probably be rubbish, and of couse no where near as good as this one, indeed I am a suck! :lol:

i used invisionfree.com... its the free version of AA with much less cool stuff but its good to start out with and even has a support forum.

I also suggest Geocities. It's what I first used.
FreeWebs is what I currently use. It's pretty good too, except the server has been down twice in five days and you can upload only one at a time. But unlike Geocities, it's ad-free--no pop-ups, no banners.

Invisionfree is good for a message board.

Thanks everyone I'll have a go when I get home, probably go terribly wrong, but hey it's worth a go! :D

COOL! smeg u will have to tell me ur site when set up, no one go to mine, coz it doesn't work!

and when it does work, don't go there, lol only picys of my friends, with some of the guys wearing dresses or skirts and i think they don't want them beamed round the world

Thanks Tommy, I'll check them out, but I'm always suspicious about free hosts, cos I'm slightly paranoid about the "catches", but I went with geocities, and it's going okay so far that is, I'll tell you if it goes all terribly wrong! ^_^

Tommy said:
Jebus, look at this one! It looks a little too good to be a free host, but you can always try it. This looks like the best you will get (it's better than some paid hosts!)

Site Title – Change in Settings
I tried FreeHu, and it completely blows! Either I'm really stupid, or it was too good to be true. Well, I haven't accessed my account in two weeks, and many of the features said "Coming soon!", so I'll see how it is now..

And btw, it requires you to sign up for things monthly, like email subscriptions to things. I haven't gotten any spam yet, so I guess it's safe to sign up.

Back