Websites

Don't go to FreeHu. I just logged into my account, and it's been one month, not two weeks. And I'm still not able to do anything <_<

I know that I use geocities, and it works for me. They have the little pop-up in the corner, but that is the only catch, and it's fairly small, so yeah, I say geocities.

Aren't we helpful? :D I've started one using geocities so let's see how that goes shall we! ^_^ I'm actually doing a PC Mainteance and Support Level 3 course and HTML, so I'm pretty good, hey look at me bigging up myself! :blush:

Hehe, my first website started in 1997... but I was the only visitor LOL! I learned HTML via websites and books, and used Geocities before Yahoo! bought it and before they allowed you to create pages without HTML.... those were good times ;)

So C, what was your first website? Is it embarrassing? So you learned via books and that, I'm stuck between both, I learn in college and I teach myself, I think that I learn better by myself for some reason! ;)
Your the founder, so how long did it take you to setup this lot, would I have the patiencem erm.....nope! :lol:

K. Ackles said:
Hehehehe...I'm still my pages only visitors!!! :lol: !!!!
I'm laughing with ya K. Ackles although I can see the same happening with me, :lol:

^_^ I will, and if it's felgercarb then tell us, I can take it, "you know what they say, honestys the best policy"!

AliasHombre said:
I hope this hasn't been asked but, What kind of website is it, whats it about?

Will do!!!! What is it on though???

Nah, no one has asked that. and truthfully..........no idea what so ever :lol: ! But I'm thinking about doing it about my fave show.....think carefully ;) ! Actually I'm not sure, but I'd start it off as a small site and then in a few weeks I'd get a domain name and upload it, etc so I'll see how it goes! ^_^

Any ideas?

K. Ackles said:
Let me know!!! I'll tell you how crappy / good it is!!! Hopefully good!! But remember
K  I  S    S
e  t    i    t
e      m    u
p        p    p
          l    i
          e  d
What? ^_^ No really I'm lost! :P Just watching Evanescence peform cos they're no.1, yipee, just thought I'd add that!

Eek... okay i have a question for Insivion Free... how do you change the logo? I tried and went to 'images' and changed the URL and everything but it still won't work... does anyone know?

Hi everyone!!

I've almost finished my first website (created with Dreamweaver), but I could really use your help on one last thing. I hope there's someone in here who can help me!!!

Here we go:

My website was created with screen resolution 1024 x 768. It has several layers and in every layer I have either a background image or some pictures. The problem is that when you watch my pages with resolution 800 x 600, you can only see half of the page because of the background images becoming so big. And in the middle I have a layer with four pictures and text. When you have 800 x 600 you can only see part of it and to see the rest you would have to scroll and scroll and scroll even more.

The same problem with resolutions higher than 1024 x 768. Everything becomes so small that I have huge gaps between the layers.

So here's my question: I know there's a way to prevent this from happening. Something that makes sure that the layers, background images etc. adjust to the resolution. So that when someone with resolution 800 x 600 watches my website, everything automatically fits to the window. That way everyone, regardless of his/her screen resolution, can see the same website.

Does anyone know how I can make that happen? I know it has something to do with %, but I have no idea how. I would be sooooo grateful!!! :D

*~* Karin *~*

Back