Weekend Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... Interesting conversation. I never thought I would be attacked or found offensive because of a perceived "flaw" in my person. At least by something as minuscule as saying "ya'll."

It's just a pet peeve of mine too. I tend to become incensed with someone for acting extremely obtuse and close-minded.

But that must be because I dropped out of Elementary school. /snort

Or that I'm lazy. /shrug

I wasn't meaning it like that! I am sorry. When I think of lazy it's a sentence like "Y'all ain't no neighbor o' mine, ya hoodstank." I was thinking laziness in schooling all together not so much as speaking..Really should have thought more before typing that out.

Hmm... Interesting conversation. I never thought I would be attacked or found offensive because of a perceived "flaw" in my person. At least by something as minuscule as saying "ya'll."

It's just a pet peeve of mine too. I tend to become incensed with someone for acting extremely obtuse and close-minded.

But that must be because I dropped out of Elementary school. /snort

Or that I'm lazy. /shrug

Wow, that's nice. Thanks. You know, I never said that "All people with Southern accents act like they dropped out of elementary school." All I said was that your representatives seem to act like they did. The way you speak is the way you represent yourself. Why should your choice of words not be considered an accurate representation of who you are?

I'll take close-minded, but how is intolerance of someone's flaws acting obtuse? I tried to be very polite, I never attacked you, I explained my views... Frankly, I don't know what more you want.

While no one around whom I was raised ever really said "y'all", they did, and still do, do things such as replace the word "doesn't" with "don't", and "isn't" with "ain't". Being raised around people who speak a certain way doesn't mean you'll speak in the same way. I mean, I grew up thinking that everyone around me was half retarded, so why would I want to be like them? Bah.

"Y'all" is... disgusting. People type as they speak, but there are those who speak as fools. As I've told my brother; If one cannot speak correctly, they shouldn't speak at all.

As I've said, I will strive to maintain a strict level of language brilliance in your esteemed presence, so as not to appear disgusting to your person.

A thousand apologizes to the paragon of pristine speech.

Kuzzle said:
Why should your choice of words not be considered an accurate representation of who you are?

It works both ways. I'm not trying to say you aren't entitled to your opinion, but sometimes you need to tactfully tone it down a bit. I neither said nor did anything to deserve the majority of your diatribe in this thread.

I wasn't meaning it like that! I am sorry. When I think of lazy it's a sentence like "Y'all ain't no neighbor o' mine, ya hoodstank." I was thinking laziness in schooling all together not so much as speaking..Really should have thought more before typing that out.

No worries. Just shows I shouldn't read posts here before I've had my morning caffeine.

As I've said, I will strive to maintain a strict level of language brilliance in your esteemed presence, so as not to appear disgusting to your person.

A thousand apologizes to the paragon of pristine speech.

It works both ways. I'm not trying to say you aren't entitled to your opinion, but sometimes you need to tactfully tone it down a bit. I neither said nor did anything to deserve the majority of your diatribe in this thread.

*blinks*

That was my version of "tactfully toned down". Nothing was a direct attack, nothing was even specifically directed at you.

I did have a whole long paragraph here, but I suppose I'll leave my insane rants for those who know me. Just know that when I said it was disgusting, I meant it. I didn't mean it as a personal insult, I didn't mean to offend you. I simply meant that it evokes rather strong, "negative" feelings in me. I have issues... In the future, I'll try to hold my tongue, smile, and nod along with what you say. You know, so I don't start an argument over something as simply as a word...

Well, for now let's just let sleeping dogs lie. My feelings were hurt, and I overreacted. I'm going to bury the hatchet and lock this thread. We'll just agree to disagree.

I should have known from your previous posts that you would have responded that way, as you've said you are very intolerant of some things.

I'm over it now, and consider the matter, and the thread, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back