Weird encounter!

R3ignlasting

Monster Hunter
So, hello. I am a new member. I'm sort of experienced with ghost/monster hunting.

But, anyway...I went on a camping trip, and took my thermal cam along. I'm not trying to pull you guys, and I'm not lying about what I'm saying I saw in the woods.

Me and my friend, Michael, went on a camping trip near Lake George, last Saturday. We were planning on staying until Monday, but..nature or whatever I saw didn't want us too. When we went exploring at night, with the thermal cams, we were skeptical in finding anything. But, hey, why not try? And, I did. Michael had slipped down a small muddy path, onto the ground. When I got him up, I looked farther into the trees, and I saw a small wolf looking type of animal. It ran very fast, and it came over near us. We didn't get a clear sight of it, but if I were going to think anything of it, a werewolf? I don't think so..but maybe? So, I tell Michael to look into the bush, and when he did, it started to growl, and it really scared me. Then, it took off back into the depth of the woods. We stayed for another hour, but we couldn't find it. We decided to come back to Albany, after a while. But, I will never forget that experience. That was one of the greatest things I have ever saw. Just amazing.
But, I wanted to know. Has anyone here ever seen a dark black creature, having the form of a wolf pup, but bigger? It had to be bigger than a normal wolf pup, with incredible speed. I know it couldn't have been a wolf, they aren't that fast. Neither are dogs..so what could it be? Even though it had spooked me a lot, I thought it was really a great sight to see.

I'm going to go back this weekend and search the woods some more.

come to atchison, kansas. there is the sallie house that has an very wicked ghost in it. events have been videoed there and the evil presence has been felt by many. cool story though and i do hope you find out what it is.

I always wonder how you guys go walking in the woods in the US. I realise that is a national park, but still....... considering you have animals that can and will attack humans. Over here in the UK we are pretty much safe. The wolves were killed off 400 years ago, and bears before that. Now we just have to put up with the occasional escaped exotic pet from some daft persons private collection or pretty harmless grass snakes (been bit on the hand before by one!)

I once watched a video in a Biology class that followed some health guys that were trapping certain small animals outside one of your big cities, creating a buffer zone, because they carried the bubonic plague, and that is an ongoing problem.

I wouldn't want to go out in small groups and without firearms as a result. Forget ghosts, aliens or mad axe murderers. I don't want to become lunch for some animal :smiley: and to put this in perspective, I lived in a "safe" country in Africa and we didn't go out into the bush without calf body armour (against snakes) and weapons to hold off lions, elephants, monkeys and various other problematic animals! When we swam in lakes we had to avoid the bilharzia parasites round the shores and the angry hippos in the centre then drink plenty of tonic water for the quinine to avoid malaria :smiley:

Weird encounter with odd animals

I always wonder how you guys go walking in the woods in the US.

I wouldn't want to go out in small groups and without firearms as a result. I don't want to become lunch for some animal :smiley: and to put this in perspective, I lived in a "safe" country in Africa.

coyote.jpg

TIM, thousands of years ago there used to be giant deadly birds, bears, lions, ground slothes, alligators etc. living here in the United States. Today a few species survived after climate changes and humans killing them off, sometimes unintentionally. But me being a modern man (and unlike the late Prof. Steve Irwin), I've learned enough about animals to know where the really dangerous ones are, and I agree with you that Africa can be hazadous because of animal attacks. I've had a few dangerous encounters with very vicious large dogs, and like you I try to be prepared, but humans can still be among the most dangerous predators.

However for me, I still enjoy searching the sky for meteors and UFOs when I'm away from the city lights. I've seen alot of cool meteor activity in the last two years, a couple of them even lit up the sky at night beacuse they were burning so bright, very cool.

haha, I never look up really. There's times when you're out from the cities and the stars make a wonderful ceiling. But it's more interesting when the stars are just hidden and you can see the artificial objects glinting in the sky. Where I live we aren't really on any planes flightplan, although near several RAF training bases, so we see the odd 'special' plane going over high, but then we see satellites and I think the ISS overhead.

I'm still of the opinion that if they travel light years to get here, to a less technologically advanced planet, they must have put some thought into being discrete :smiley: Whats the old joke? "Travelled billions of miles to get here then crashed and burned in the desert?

R3ignlasting: Ghost and Monster Hunter

So, hello. I am a new member. I'm sort of experienced with ghost/monster hunting.

But, anyway...I went on a camping trip, and took my thermal cam along. I'm not trying to pull you guys, and I'm not lying about what I'm saying I saw in the woods. I'm going to go back this weekend and search the woods some more.

I didn't forget about you R3ignlasting, the coyote picture above I posted eariler will give you an idea what they look like, because these critters vary in color just like wolves. The biggest one I've seen lately, was when I was driving to work on a sunny morning, I slowed down my car (no traffic, just me) to look at him, he stood over a meter tall, black-ashen colored coat with a white underside, and he had intense looking yellow eyes. I must admit, GOD makes some really beautiful animals, he was an awesome sight, I gazed at him for about minute then drove on, I thanked the allmighty for allowing me to see such a magnificant creature.

Since you are a MONSTER HUNTER I thought you would like to see one of my favorite living and thriving monsters that dwell in the USA, the deadly ALLIGATOR GAR FISH. Below is an average size gar inspecting a child at an aquarium.

garboy.jpg

garman.jpg

Gar is still a great sport fish, just remember to bring a big boat.

gar.jpg

Lucky guy in 2006 has a new wall decoration, his catch was so big that he had to use a small boat to haul the dead beast ashore.​

Fishing for Gar

:eek: I don't think I've come across that before. Some of the pictures of the bigger examples of that fish looks like something you'd see in a bad sci-fi movie.

Well, you don't have to be Captain Quint of the Orca (Jaws) to fish for Gar, there are much smaller species to catch. I have been invited a few times to fish for one of the big ones, but I don't want beat the animals brains in with a club when it's hauled out of the water. Unless it's attacking me, and of course I know not to be in the water swimming when it's there. Peter Benchley the author of JAWS, should have written a story about one, but it'd be just another JAWS immitation, except we'd know not to go in the water.

Back