Season 4 Weiss not in APO...

i think weiss isn't in APO because he's gonna have his own show, but i think a nadia/weiss dating thing would be interesting...

I'm supremely choked that Wiess is not part of APO... I understand that he's got a new show in development, and they have to prep the character for an exit, but the new show isn't on yet, and they've managed to totally betray his character by having him not notice the exodus from the CIA of all the people -- his friends -- around him... and then to add insult to injury, he's expected to buy the banker BS that Syd served him!? Weak.

Another thing I'm choked about is the continued lack of respect for this show. ABC ran 6 minutes of show and 4 MINUTES OF COMMERCIALS more than once. It was becoming tough to keep the story together in my head between being pitched some random antacid tablet and P.O.S. car. I know they need to pay for the show, but come on! These are actually listed as two separate episodes, 401 and 402, and while I thought 402 had the better story, 401 had all of the good action. The sword theft seemed um... hokey.

Nadia will move in with Syd, and I hope Wiess gets a chance with her because his character has been given the shaft storywise for over 3 seasons now. Give him a storyline that does justice to the character, like give him Nadia, then have him save her life by giving his own (if in deed he'll be leaving the show). Write him out in a hail of bullets.

The S/V thing is getting tired. I don't give a damn if they're together or not. There's nothing really stopping them from being together now, and that needs to be fixed right quick. They're a supremely undynamic couple, and I guarantee you that the actors would be happy to part romantic company given they're IRL relationship.

Since Sloane has been given permission to 'build his own SD-6' I think in the mid-season 'let's flip it all around again' Vaughn should be given a cell to run on his own, recruit Wiess, add another girl to the team (perhaps Nadia). Bring in a new guy for Syd to play with, someone that plays a very different role than Vaughn. Syd needs a clear enemy as a main objective... a clear friend to lean on... and some serious answers to the Rambaldi stuff if this show is to go past this year (which I seriously hope it does). Give Jack a deep cover assignment that goes to the heart of Washington, and if necessary have it point back to Sloane. Give Sloane something more than a slap on the wrists and a new job when he does bad stuff. This guy isn't worth his salt. Sorry Ron, I think you're great in this role, but the character is becoming implausible. Writers, give this character some grounding... you're kind of committed to the path you're on right now, so make sure he's on a short lease.

Finally, IM ever so HO, I think Alias is still struggling. The first 2 episodes were a start, and obviously aimed at a new audience so I can cut them some slack, but the next few eps will be telling for the series. I sincerely hope it hasn't simply run out of steam. Season 1 and 2 set the bar so high that unless there's a second wind for season 4, it may end up back on Sunday nights.

Hey, someone mentioned Wadia I say no way its Neiss (but that's just my opinion) Neiss-Nice?

anyways. My understanding is that GG's show was shelfed for a while, at least that's what I thought I read. Originally GG wasn't going to be in many episodes BUT (now this is my assumption) that might have changed, if the show that was being developed for him was shelfed for a while, besides he was listed in the opening credits as a regular cast member so i think he'll be in more episodes than was originally thought, otherwise why would they list him in the opener.

Just my thoughts

Hmmmm sort of a spoiler regarding APO but tons of people have probably already seen it in the short "This Season on Alias" video on the ABC website and not even noticed but i can't seem to do spoiler tags on here so if you want to know just PM me

E

This is so wicked!! I have a feeling Alias will get back on track now... sort of a season 2 feel to it in my opinion...as Vaughn said "Last year sucked" (I absolutely loved that line BTW) Can't wait to see what else is coming.. assuming that it sticks to a good storyline and doesn't get caught in the hole that season 3 dug..... I really want to know why Irina was trying to kill Syd...that's going to kill me this season as I'm sure JJ will hold it over our heads for a bit until he decides to let us in on the secret(as always) But in my mind a great start for Alias... I heard the ratings were the best in a long time... I think Nadia's character will bring a bit of Irina back into the show

boyscout11 said:
What's weird is I assumed Vaughn was living with Weiss since his return from Washington, D.C, since his house is, you know "ashes". :D  Would Weiss wonder where Vaughn goes off to work?  They are best buds, so how can Vaughn hide his job?
[post="1147357"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Sydney did it for the whole of season 1. Why can't vaughn?? :hide:

good point!

but we all know that weiss is gonna get in it (apo) sometime in the future!

but i think it's soo sad how they don't tell him the truth!! i mean why wouldn't they?!?! i don't see the point in lieing! :blink:

I think it is a cool throwback with a twist to have Wiess out of the loop but if he doesn't figure it out within 4 episodes he deserves to be fired. This is a situation that could very easily turn trite and dull, or if the writers are very good it will turn out very good. two good minor plot lines that would be cool is A) some S-V, Waida double-dating @ Sydney's apartment with either boggle or spy-poker! a really cool throw-back to some good Charlie-francie, Sydney-Will sences. or B) Wiess has some mission he needs to do, but APO has some info that the CIA can't know, so to protect Wiess, the APO team has to beat him to the objective. If the structure is like the episode in season 3 where S-V have to get inforamtion on the plasma-bomb but they run into obsticles that later the audience finds out is Lark, it would be very awesome.

Dunno if this has been covered but how stupid would Weiss have to be? He watches Vaughn, Dixon, Syd, Jack, then later Marshall all walk out the door and doesn't think this is strange? Pardon me but after that I think he's too thick to be in APO anyway.

I know what you mean! Seriously I don't think Weiss is that stupid and will find out eventually. I mean he is listed as a regular cast character so it wouldn't make sense leaving him at the real CIA and every1 else going on missions etc without him. He would hardly ever be on screen! But then again it is good to have someone who doesn't know about the seret division like in season 1.

Ya i knew that when Syd & Weiss were in (Thier i don't know) apartment that he was going to become a Francie/Will character. But i think it's wierd because he works for the CIA, i hope he quits the CIA for real

I kinda think Weiss actually knows but isn't allowed to say abything. It's obvious why Weiss isn't in APO. Sloane doesn't know him and has no working experience with him whatsoever. Anyway I definatly hope that Weiss will be recruited to APO and he'll get the girl(Nadia ofcourse)^_^
P.S. If he really doesn't know he definately suspects something.

Weiss not knowing is a plot device. JJ said that he wanted Syd to have an
away-from-work life. People who don't know what she does.

So rather than adding new people to the cast, JJ made Weiss the unknowing friend. I'm guessing that Will is going to be another one of the unknowing friends.

By the way, it seems like Marshall's wife has disappeared. She'd have to be left out of the loop too. As an analyst, she shouldn't be fooled by what Marshall does. Comments?

Aww, I like Carrie. Wouldn't suprise me if she sort of takes over Marshall's job at the CIA though.

In fact, I will go out on a limb and predict that Wiess will find out about APO through a CIA sanctioned mission (Carrie will do op tech) where the APO are trying to obtain the same thing, or something.

Sagerian said:
Aww, I like Carrie.  Wouldn't suprise me if she sort of takes over Marshall's job at the CIA though.

In fact, I will go out on a limb and predict that Wiess will find out about APO through a CIA sanctioned mission (Carrie will do op tech) where the APO are trying to obtain the same thing, or something.
[post="1154846"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

that would be interesting, but rather contrived, i think. besides, some of the higher ups in the cia have already arranged it so this wont happen. kinda like they wont just let the day-to-day CIA investigate marshall's disappearance: they'll give a cover story. so no APO vs CIA, im afriad. unless it truly _does_ go rogue, which it wont.

Back