Weiss...possibly a bad guy?

Hey there -

Anyone else believe that Weiss might turn to the dark side, or possibly already has turned? Here's what I think:

1. From watching "The Telling," it appears there must still be a mole in the CIA. For example, someone must have tipped off Irina that Sydney would be at the ice rink with Vaughn. Someone also compromised Jack's mission when he was transporting the Di Regno heart. Doesn't it seem possible that it could have been Weiss? He was the one who called Vaughn back to the office away from the rink, leaving Sydney to be alone for Irina. And he was also in on the staff meeting when it was decided when and where Jack woul;d be taking the heart.

2. When Irina jumped off the roof and broke back into the building, Sydney yelled for any available agents to get to the street level. Weiss responded and took off after Irina, asking Sydney which floot she might be on. But we never see the end of this chase. If Irina did escape, is it possible that Weiss helped her? Why else would they not showing her getting clean away, unless it was to hide something that the producers didn't want to reveal until next season?

3. From today's Hollywood Reporter, we learn that Weiss will be a regular character next year:

"Details about the untitled ABC drama are still sketchy, but it revolves around two
bounty hunters, with "Felicity" co-star Greg Grunberg playing the male lead. The
show is now in development for fall 2004.

While bounty hunting is in the spotlight right now following the capture of fugitive
rapist Andrew Luster last week, sources said Abrams has been developing the
idea for the show for some time. Abrams will pen the script and executive produce
the project, with Grunberg also serving as a producer.

Additionally, Grunberg, who has been recurring on "Alias" since 2001 -- playing
agent Eric Weiss -- has been upped to a regular for the stylish spy series' upcoming
third season."

Since we already have a pretty large stable of good guys (Sydney, Vaughn, Weiss, Jack, Kendall, Marshall, Will, Dixon, Carrie?), it seems like somebody should move to the other side to even the odds a little. All these people battling Sloane and Sark (and possibly Irina) seems a little lopsided, don't you think?

Just curious if anyone else feels that something like this scenario might occur? Personally, Weiss is my favorite character, and I'd hate to see him betray Vaughn, but if JJ is looking for some way to beef up Grunberg's' part and give him some dramatic scenes as preparation for the new show, certainly making him a bad guy would be the way to go.

Thanks!!

You are VERY observant to have noticed all this!! and I think it is quite a good chance this will happen! but then I hope not! I love weiss!

ALIASgurl47 said:
You are VERY observant to have noticed all this!! and I think it is quite a good chance this will happen! but then I hope not! I love weiss!
I agree! And I don't want Weiss to be bad! He's awesome! But ya never know! :confused:

It's possible, especially with Weiss having a possible expiration date on him already. Irina needed intelligence on the transfer--but remember, Sloane had to have it too because he actually beat her to the punch (which leads us to the question of how he got it--Sark? CIA mole?). However, it makes sense, and Weiss is a possible suspect.
;)

I hope he isn't.

But it's possible. One thing that doesn't fit is Weiss getting shot in The Enemy Walks In. It was an accident, but if Weiss worked for Irina, he should have known to avoid it.

He would have been able to help Irina more if he wasn't in the hospital. :lol:

It does seem like a possibility, but I'd hate to think of that happening. Greg Grunberg is a great actor, but I don't think he would play *dark* very well. JJ Abrams has put him in similar sidekick, goofy-guy roles on both Felicity and Alias. Not that he couldn't do more dramatic acting, but I'm not sure it's what he's really suited for. To me, it's almost as weird as picturing Marshall turning evil. And it would be really sad to see him betray Vaughn, because they seem to have a strong friendship.

omg how can you even think that??!! :eek: i would never beleive weiss to be evil!! but you make some great points but it cant be true!! but with this new casting call goin around i think they are looking for a new villain so maybe weiss isn evil after all!!

wow! this actually makes a lot of sense! good observations! i don't want weiss to turn bad :( but i do wish they woulkd show more of him. didn't he say he had to get his appendix removed or something when he was talking to marshall in the last ep.? maybe there was more to that and that is when he turned bad? or maybe he thinks he is turning to the good side? oooh- wait a minute-- brain wave! the whole show is about hidden moles and good v. bad and not knowing who is on what side. maybe the cia is really bad too and syd is alone in her quest for good! but i don't think that would be right. especially since 9/11 everyone has been really sensitive about "the government is bad" storylines whether they be true or fiction. even alias jumped on the patriotic bandwagon by making references to some parts of it and showing the flag a bit more. ok. i'm going to stop myself nopw becaue i realize that what i am righting is just babbling thoughts that will prolly make sense to only myself or others with a similar disoriented mind. but good job about weiss!

oooooooh!!!! I like your theory, although it might be because i don't really care for him he's kinda annoying he always gets in the way of the syd/vaughn moments.

AliasALIAS said:
I hope he isn't.

But it's possible. One thing that doesn't fit is Weiss getting shot in The Enemy Walks In. It was an accident, but if Weiss worked for Irina, he should have known to avoid it.

He would have been able to help Irina more if he wasn't in the hospital. :lol:
yeah but maybe because vaughn had to help weiss, irina was able to get away? i dunno, just a theory ^_^

That would be kinda cool actually...I mean, if Weiss were evil...but I kinda dig 'evil' even though I don't think a person can really be evil, but rather that a persons negative qualities are given priorities over the good ones, for varying reasons ;)

Not Weiss, he wouldn't be bad. i just don't think it would happen. You seem very perceptive however, and that's good. But Weiss is like one of the shows only comic relief, and turning him bad wouldn't be like his character.

I still think that JJ will want to boost Greg Grunberg's profile as much as possible before the new show begins in the fall of 2004, and it would hard to do with him tossing out Weiss-cracks for only a few moments every episode.

The easiest way to get him some juicy dramatic scenes is to make him one of the bad guys, especially if he is tormented over the guilt of his betrayal.

Not Weiss, I love Weiss, he can't be evil......... (though I do see where you're coming from from a character perspective)

Back