Well this is certainly a change

Jethro

Captain
Threw a resume at a company a few months back, heard nothing, then got a call for an initial interview! Interview with HR went well, all about ability to communicate with folk that have English as a second language. Then got a second interview on Skype with the HR dude and the lead 2 IT managers, overall and group. Guess that went well as got a third interview, which involved being flown up to Brisbane for a face to face. Blew them away, we got on like a house on fire, helped that I had just finished a Business Analysis short course. Anyways a couple of weeks later got offered the job!

Negotiated a bit, salaries are a tad lower in Brisbane than Sydney, but got enough to sweeten the pot and signed on board as an Analyst/Programmer (y) with responsibility for the Northern region (includes North Oz and the Pac Islands), and Business Intelligence.

So in a couple of weeks time will be flying up to Brisbane to get stuck in :geek: Horribly the IT Manager wanted to see some web designs so think I might have put my hand up there :artist:

Long story short the bunch of stuff I had planned for the next few months is out the door :o_O: But guess I'll focused on own site development and getting on top of the new position and look at Masters in 2017 part time.

Sounds like exciting times ahead, congratulations! A new company and a move to a new location? Nothing like that feeling of both nervousness & excitement at the same time. :D

As a fellow IT geek I must ask... so what your daily environment going to look like (.net, PHP, JS, Linux, Windows....)?

Mainly database and Business Intelligence. They are running vmware on a windows platform, and no doubt I'll be dialling into their web site at some stage.

Two weeks in and got to say Queensland companies are far more laid back than NSW ones. Slow speed ahead thus far, but got one project into UAT already :cool:

Slight update, moving on Friday from the Company sponsored apartment to a 3 bedder over in Bulimba, nice suburb, close to public transport, lots of eateries and bars. Our doggy is coming up Friday, haven't seen her in a couple of months.

Job going well, have my first major project underway with the good folks in Fiji sponsoring. Just about finished the function spec, which my project plan has down for delivery Tuesday. May be a day early :o_O:

Back