Horror We're going to need a bigger thread, The Meg trailer drops

Jethro

Staff member

Okay spotted history folks its been kicked from one studio to another before finally hitting our screens it would should of been a straight to disc release. The original book by Steve Alten is an example of felgercarb writing of the worse calibre but hey lets see what they can do with it on screen.

It's a shark movie so naturally will be checking it out.

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
No, not the dog!
It's a shark movie so naturally will be checking it out.
Yeah, when it hits Netflix US I'll add it to the queue. While the underground lab looks cool I'm surprised they didn't go for a different angle than just "it's a REALLY big shark" since there have been countless B-grade movies along those lines. At least make it a really big shark *and* it's intelligent like the sharks from Deep Blue.

sci-fi-dude

Keep cool, its Sci-fi dude
Shark nado, haaa, I think Danny Boniduce was on a shark nado or stone nado, I saw him on sy-fi, he needed Keith and Laurie to help him out. lol!

Jethro

Staff member
No, not the dog!
Yeah, when it hits Netflix US I'll add it to the queue. While the underground lab looks cool I'm surprised they didn't go for a different angle than just "it's a REALLY big shark" since there have been countless B-grade movies along those lines. At least make it a really big shark *and* it's intelligent like the sharks from Deep Blue.
A sequel to Deep Blue also coming at you this year :)

Tom

An Old Friend
I've seen Deep Blue Sea 2. Its better than a syfy original but not as high production quality as the original DBS.
Its certainly watchable.

I unzipped Megalodon (2002) to watch tonight. Yes it is about the quality of a syfy original but I kinda like it.
As opposed to Shark Attack 3: Megalodon (2002) which was just awful.
Nigel Marvin did a couple of episodes on different shows that concerned megalodons.
Prehistoric Park and Sea Monsters (Walking with Dinosaurs)

The Meg is also included in the Microsoft game Zoo Tycoon
Megalodon