Sci-Fi Westworld

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Westworld

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Western

First aired: 2016-10-02

Creator: Jonathan Nolan, Lisa Joy

Cast: Evan Rachel Wood, Thandiwe Newton, Jeffrey Wright, Tessa Thompson, Ed Harris, Aaron Paul, Vincent Cassel

Overview: A dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the evolution of sin. Set at the intersection of the near future and the reimagined past, it explores a world in which every human appetite, no matter how noble or depraved, can be indulged.
Westworld

So, HBO is releasing a new Scifi series based on Westworld.
Westworld (TV Series 2016– ) - IMDb
Westworld (TV series) - Wikipedia
In reading about it on Wiki and IMdb I see it will be just more of the same.

While I enjoyed the movie with Yul Brenner, I really don't see a reason to wake yet another classic from its slumber. I don't even need to see it to know that I will witness a killer robot in various time settings and the victims will evade him to even more time settings. All EASY props and stock footage for reference.

To me it seems like just the same ole, same ole from Hollyrock. Easy bucks and little creativity. The public will fall for it. Fans will be created and those that are jonesing for anything scifi will just love it. Makes me sick.

Is more killer robots what we need? Do we need another zombie movie? Are we doomed to resee all the movies from our youth rewritten to reflect our society's fears and trepidations? Is Syfy setting our youth on a path to stupidity?

Like most of the TV series in the SciFi genre this addition will advance nothing. I want cutting edge scifi. Something that will create new wonder and awe. Science Fiction used to drive our youth to become scientists and researchers. It gave us a yearning for exploration and discovery.

Like so many of the newer shows available I will refuse to watch this. Such a waste of resources.

Turning out to be a classic - Some might find it to be a too serious - very adult sci-fi covering serious concepts about AI {artificial intelligence}.

Like when is an android more than just a machine? - Do we have the right to abuse and destroy Human like
machines {androids] when they possess a 'Human like' mentality and are in 'some ways' conscious ????

First I really liked it - said it might be a classic.

BUT, much as I like serious sci-fi, I think it's taking itself too seriously - but we will see as it develops.

Also, as I thought about it - Let's say you could really create androids who were that life like - would you really use them to create an old west theme park? - How many people are still interested in the gunfighter mentality of the old West? I could think of better themes for an adult amusement park with life like androids.

OK sci-fi fans now what do you think? {Posted: 5/27/18}

I may or may not watch it tonight - Can't stand where it is going - Or should I say not going?

Seems to me that a re-boot of an imaginative concept, first seen in the original Westworld books and
movies, is losing its direction - And is now starting to resort to emotional 'soap-opera' to fill in the
blanks in the writers minds.

How do you see it? - Is it still holding your interest?

Its interesting how re-makes go, first they hype it up. Next you watch the series, then during the series you get extremely bored waiting for some kind of action. Its like watching a treasure hunting show, the camera zooms in on a old antique treasure chest found in a dark, danky, stanky, basement. then after the 3 hours of commercials you find the chest is empty. Kinda' like a fortune cookie with out a fortune paper in it. Its time for new writers in the tv and movie biz to freshen up their products, other wise, where is my coffee and pillow, zzzzz, lol!

Watched it last night - Almost turned it off in the middle but managed to get to the end.

And that's it - no more.

The pity is it started off good, there are still a few imaginative concepts playing out in the background,
and the acting is excellent - But it's too slow to develop.

Yeup, I noticed the first "let-down" series was war of the worlds during the late 80's, Lots of boring character development, next a few "aliens" that were disguised as humans, {I think they do that because they cheap out on costumes}. Maybe even copy the "V" series of the early 80's. Now "V" was pretty good. Then a few tri pod scenes, very lame clips, and boring all through out. Star-Trek the next gen. was great, deep space 9 too. But now as you agree, its time for a pillow and some warm milk. lol 250px-VanDriessen.jpg

I'm addicted to Westworld. No series has ever made me realize I'm pretty much a "host". :jawdrop:
Yep, I'm a machine. Need food, water & shelter. I am programmed with these needs. I am programmed to solve & create, just like them.
Bernard is damaged, so are many humans I know, lol.
Maeve better not disappear, she breaks our hearts over & over. She is awake.