What About Me?

Poor Vaugh...that's Such a scary ting. I wouldn't know personally but my roommate's mom had cancer....same kinda deal...easily treatable. I think it's the word "cancer" that scares people the most. Anything happening to your mom is hard to handle though.

I hope syd and Vaughn are a little nicer to Weiss...it seems like they hate him now...but I guess it would be kinda hard to be around him if you're having a bad day.

Thanks for the PM! Can't wait until tomorrow!

i hate work soo much, its soo friggin boring, i hate it soo much

Michael is hott as, Syd is lucky to have a friend like him :D

poor Michaels mum, she has cancer, my dog has it and its sad as :(

please PM me

-luv Em 💘

Chapter 3
The next morning, when Sydney’s alarm beeped harshly at six a.m., she was in no mood to get up. She rolled over on her side so that she was facing Michael and saw his eyes wide open, staring up at the ceiling. “Hey,” she sighed quietly. He turned his eyes to look at her but said nothing. “You going into work today?”

He sighed. “No... I think I’ll tell them I have a family emergency and go to my parent’s.”

“Okay,” she nodded. “If you need anything...”

“I know,” he said with a soft smile. She smiled back at him, kissed him softly and then slid out of bed, bound for the shower, ready to start another busy day.

~*~

Two weeks went by and Sydney still wasn’t any happier with her job. Partly, she blamed it on being preoccupied over concern for Michael and his family. Though they were assured that Amelia had over a 90% chance of full recovery because her cancer hadn’t spread, it was still very upsetting. Understandably, Michael was practically beside himself and Sydney was doing everything she could to lift his spirits, but it was practically no use.

Because of those events, Sydney began to reevaluate her life and realized that through she was content, she wasn’t happy. She’d find herself drifting off, just thinking about what exactly it was that she was missing or what would make her happier. All her life, her career had been her main focus. During school, she'd studied hours and hours into the night so she could graduate with a 4.0 or as close to it as she could get. Then, once out in the work world, she continued to educate herself, trying to get her masters’ degree, as she made her way thought every career obstacle thrown at her. It wasn’t that marriage or a family weren’t on her list of things to achieve in her life, they were. She wanted to get married, it just wasn’t priority. In fact, it was fairly low on her priority list at that time.

It was then she realized it. Perhaps that was the problem.

She certainly wasn’t getting any younger. At thirty-two-and-a-half, she was dangerously close to that all important thirty-five year old barrier, the one most women want to have children before they reach. And that was the thing, it wasn’t like she could just have children. She needed a husband. As part of her organized, business-oriented life, she saw marriage from the business point of view. Marriage was a contract. You couldn’t just enter into a contract without knowing anything about the other person. Research was involved. In this case, dating. She wanted to be dating someone for at least a year before marriage was even brought up. Then, once married she’d want to be married for another year before having children. All in all, that added up to be exactly at, if not after thirty-five.

She was dejected at this prospect for a few days before she realized something and was stunned she hadn’t thought of it before. What if she married someone she already knew and thus the one year pre-marriage period wasn’t necessary. A long lost thought crept back into her head; a thought from over twelve years prior; a thought she had forgotten about entirely.

“Michael stoooooop,” Sydney whined. “I don’t want to go out drinking. I want to stay here and mope.” She groaned as she clutched onto her pillow, even though her best friend was trying to drag her out of bed.

“Come on Syd, you only have one twenty-first birthday and you want it to be one you’ll remember and not because you sat here moping over Tony Asshole,” Michael told her.

“Asshole,” Sydney muttered. Tony, her boyfriend of seven months, had dumped her because he had cheated on her and on her birthday, no less.

“Come on, Syd. I’ll make it up to you,” Michael coaxed.

“How?” she asked curiously.

“I promise not to mock you if you do anything stupid tonight,” he grinned. She grumbled. “Fine, you won’t get your pretty present unless you come.”

“You got me something pretty?” she asked, her voice slightly lighter.

“You’ll never know unless you drag that pretty ass of yours out of bed,” he told her.

“Fine, fine. Leave so I can change,” she sighed as she slid out of bed.

~

“Men suck...,” Sydney slurred later that night after her third shot of tequila. “Seriously they suck... just SUCK!”

“I know, I’ve heard. About a hundred times,” Michael said dully into his beer bottle.

“Hey,” Sydney said as she wagged a sloppy finger at him. “You made me come out... I never said I’d be happy.”

“True,” Michael sighed.

“I’m going to die alone.”

“No you’re not,” he assured her.

“Yes I am. I am! No one will ever love me!” She moaned.

“Sydney that’s not true. I love you,” he told her.

“Eh,” she waved her hands at him. “That just assa friend. I’m going to die an old maid with CATS... I hate cats.”

“You’re not going to die an old maid. You’re only twenty-one years old,” he told her with a laugh. She grumbled. “Okay, I’ll tell you what. If we’re both thirty-three and unmarried, I’ll marry you.”

“Really? You’d do that?” she grinned as she sloppily stroked his face.

He batted her hand away from poking him in the eye. “Yeah sure.”

“You’re pretty,” she giggled.

“No more tequila,” he told her seriously.

“Noooooooooo tequila!”

“Oh my god...,” she sighed aloud. That was it. That was her solution. Michael. She loved him; he was her best friend. After all, isn’t that what your husband should be? Your best friend? Besides, she did find him attractive. Yes, perfect. The more she thought it over, the more perfect it became. She would marry Michael. It wasn’t like he had anyone serious in his life, besides his thirty-third birthday was only a few weeks away.

By the time Sydney decided she would bring it up, she was completely convinced that there was no way Michael would ever turn her down. In her mind it was the perfect solution. So, one Saturday afternoon when the three of them were watching a hockey game on TV, she brought it up. “Hey Michael, remember my twenty-first birthday?” she asked.

He grunted in response.

“No, seriously, you remember?”

“Why?” he asked rather shortly in the tone he had been using ever since he found out about his mother’s illness.

“Well remember what we talked about? How if we were thirty-three and unmarried we’d marry each other? I know we’ve never discussed it since then but... I mean you were serious, right? Because you’re almost thirty-three and...,” She let her voice drift off as he gave her a strange look. “What?” she asked.

“Are you serious?” he asked with confusion. Sydney shrugged and nodded. “What... I don’t want to marry you,” he said rather harshly before muttering under his breath, shaking his head, and turning back to the TV.

Sydney felt as though a knife had gone right through her heart. She didn’t even know what to say. All she could do was walk away so he couldn’t see her cry.

PM LIST
47tttsv
6helterskelter6
Addicted 2 Alias
albob
alias_chick_47
Alias79
AliasBub
Aliascrazii
aliasdancer007
aliasfan212
aliasobsessed89
AliasSydney502
alizas
Alwazabrat
amlynac
ams4alias
Angel
angiverl
aprilsfool6
ASIOagent
atekamel
ballerina
batman
benzmine
berry_kyoote_spy88
blknight
BrownEyedGirl
buckeyealum2000
catfishally
Catpin
Chicketepee
ChrisM
cookiemonster
cupcake55
dandan
derevkointraining
EJ11
ekm324
fieldstation
frangipani
freckles3706
freelancer79
funkymonkey
grassyass
gregstar
gtwallichs
hannahb
helpleessromantic
i love vaughny
iheartvaughn
jadeygirl
KAliasGirl
Kate_14
k-mila
lady alias
les400coups
Lily Ella
LittleNicky
Lovygirl
luckylass
maddy28
MH55995
mightylittleone
Minttu
Mountaineer4746
Ms.MichaelVaughn
Nadia Weiss
Nancy O
newyorkaise
Nicky_Bristow

one&only44
Phoenixwannabe
PointguysGirl
Prediction 47
sab-alias
sabbiee_co
Sarahmañana
scullymulder1234
smartgirl2004
Soccer22vartan
sparklingrainbow
SpyChic16
Spydrummer06
SpygirlAmy
stealthy
stella1
SuperDuck123
superspy
Syd&Vaughn4eva
Syd_ Vaughn
syd26
Syd4Vaughn
SydAPO05
sydney_alias_vaughn
sydneymicheal
SydneyVaughn47
sydofthesea
SydVaughn1001
texasalias2004
Thayna
tubby
UndercoverPhoenix47
vartan-lova
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney
wiseman
kittykatsmeow
PIpp
shelley g.
sarkattack
gucci_94
Carney4ever
invisible
Crazy for Alias
mnkdance963
Remys24
Aliaschick347
Wild_Child
Vaughn-a-holic!439
xxaliasluverxx

arf !! that's tooo sad !! he promised her .. i'm sure he will once he will have realized she is a wonderful women, his best friend and the girl of his dreams !! i'm an hopeless romantic and i'm proud of it !! NA !! :P

Well, he was harsh but she did ask him to marry her... like out of nowhere! I guess now Syd will realise just how she loves him. :smiley:

Great chapter!

Great update!
I'm glad that Vaughn's mom is doing a little better but still I fully understand that is hard for Vaughn. But this about them getting married they promised each other that and both of them are not even near a relationship. It's the best thing to do. Thanks for the PM and I can't wait for more.

I think that he turned her down becouse he love her and want her to love him too. Not get meried with him becoue his her last chance or something like that...N ot when they are just friends...
But they should talk about it. And Vaughn shoud be nicer, not an a**...
Thanks for PM

"You're not going to die an old maid. You're only twenty-one years old," he told her with a laugh. She grumbled. "Okay, I'll tell you what. If we're both thirty-three and unmarried, I'll marry you."
like in My Best Friend's Wedding!

i love this! and you're so consistent with your updates! i like that!

:smiley:

She was dejected at this prospect for a few days before she realized something and was stunned she hadn’t thought of it before. What if she married someone she already knew and thus the one year pre-marriage period wasn’t necessary.

“Oh my god...,” she sighed aloud. That was it. That was her solution. Michael. She loved him; he was her best friend. After all, isn’t that what your husband should be? Your best friend? Besides, she did find him attractive. Yes, perfect. The more she thought it over, the more perfect it became. She would marry Michael. It wasn’t like he had anyone serious in his life, besides his thirty-third birthday was only a few weeks away.
Okay I didn't know that you could just plan marriage, like some sort of buisness deal??!! Sorta sounds like she is just "settling" for Micheal now, because he fits the "profile"... I knew after I read this part that this was not going to go well :(

“Are you serious?” he asked with confusion. Sydney shrugged and nodded. “What... I don’t want to marry you,” he said rather harshly before muttering under his breath, shaking his head, and turning back to the TV.
OKay that was sort of harsh, but she just pops the question out of no where, and then references a "The deal" that they made when they where younger, and his mother is still getting over cancer?? Bad timing Sydney.. I wouldn't doubt it if Micheal wasn't hurt a little bit himself...

Awesome update, great chapter, can't wait for the next one, to see how much of a cold shoulder Sydney gives Micheal :smiley:

OMG! vaughn's such and a**! he could have been more sensitive! but maybe he was just shocked... or scared... i hope they get to talk about it soon.,,,

thanks for the pm and update soon!

I hope for all that is good that he just said that because he was still stressing out because of his mother, I hope he makes it up to Sydney, she was so devastated.

Tony Asshole? What about Vaughn Asshole?

That was totally harsh of him to say that! He barely gave her the time of day.... ASS!

“Well remember what we talked about? How if we were thirty-three and unmarried we’d marry each other? I know we’ve never discussed it since then but... I mean you were serious, right? Because you’re almost thirty-three and...,” She let her voice drift off as he gave her a strange look. “What?” she asked.

Sydney felt as though a knife had gone right through her heart. She didn’t even know what to say. All she could do was walk away so he couldn’t see her cry.
Ok I know it's a crazy idea but he didn't have to be so harsh in telling her no!!
Awesome update. Can't wait for more.

Back