Music What Are You Listening To Right Now?

screenersam

This is news, Vincenzo, NEWS!
just got 'Sound and Color of the Sun' by Sianspherics (a Canadian group comparable to the Verve).
really liked 'Somnium', another album they did.

JRenee

Writer, Inventor, Quantum Activist
I have a wide range of things I listen to. It's not always music, sometimes I just pick a "10 hours of waves crashing on the beach" or "3 hours of Tibetan singing bowls" video from youtube. Belly dancing has turned me on to all kinds of music but before I began belly dancing (4 years or so ago) I helped my dad disk jockey for weddings/parties when I was a kid. I grew up knowing many classics. My mother plays piano and guitar (though recently just piano as arthritis has made guitar difficult), my dad plays percussion, so naturally we were a very musical family.

What I'm listening to right now is this "Kettel and Secede - When Can" album.
There are several songs in this album that leave me awestruck and in another dimension.
The whole album is incredible as one unified piece but my favorite few to skip to are: Admittance: 5:42 http://youtu.be/yvKoGSgJGdY?t=5m42s
Deliria Noon: 26:25 http://youtu.be/yvKoGSgJGdY?t=26m25s
and Fullmoon which plays after Deliria Noon.

Other worthy mentions from this album are "Kirsten", "Pentimento", and "Ringvanes."
For the full song list, look the album up on Youtube. You won't be sorry!

Last edited:

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
I have a wide range of things I listen to. It's not always music, sometimes I just pick a "10 hours of waves crashing on the beach" or "3 hours of Tibetan singing bowls" video from youtube.
That reminds of the YouTube videos where it is just hours upon hours of the same ambient sound clip from a sci-fi show playing repeatedly. For example, here is 24 hours of the ST:TNG Enterprise engine noise. :eek: Being the geek that I am, I admit, sometimes I'll have something like playing while I'm at the office as background noise when I am coding.

screenersam

This is news, Vincenzo, NEWS!
I have the Twin Peaks dvds. menu / main page has this eight-bar synth sequence that repeats as long as you keep it in. nice background music, a bit repetitive after a while.

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
I have the Twin Peaks dvds. menu / main page has this eight-bar synth sequence that repeats as long as you keep it in. nice background music, a bit repetitive after a while.
I haven't seen the Twin Peaks DVDs so I'm not sure if it is the same but I did find this.... :)

JRenee

Writer, Inventor, Quantum Activist
I asked this group for their permission to use their name in my novel. I knew it wasn't something that I had to do but I just wanted to ask anyway (you can use band names but not song lyrics or song titles)... anyway, they said that they had no problem with it and then added that they wanted a copy of the book when it was finished. :love: I was a little starstruck... needless to say. I love Royksopp.

Top Bottom