Music What Are You Listening To?

I don't know any Hindi music, with the exception of the Shankar family. Do you have links we might be able to sample?

Currently chillin' to the soothing sounds of Morphine's 1993 cd, Cure for Pain.

I enjoy sampling the music of the world with shoutcast in winamp. I have listened to hindi and I enjoyed it. Most of it I find very relaxing. Its a down low, high eq settings type of music like ambient trance. Perfect for life background music.

~~Thin Lizzy.................................................Jailbreak, The Boys are Back in Town
~~Manfred Mann's Earth Band.....................Blinded by the Light
~~Joe Walsh.................................................Rocky Mountain Way
~~Peter Frampton........................................Do You Feel Like We Do(live)
~~Argent......................................................Hold Your Head Up
~~Jethro Tull.................................................Locomotive Breath, Aqualung
~~Blue Oyster Cult........................................(Don't Fear) the Reaper, Veteran of the Psychic Wars, Burnin' for You, Fire of Unknown Origin
~~Deep Purple..............................................Knocking at Your Back Door, Smoke on the Water

~~Thin Lizzy.................................................Jailbreak, The Boys are Back in Town
~~Manfred Mann's Earth Band.....................Blinded by the Light
~~Joe Walsh.................................................Rocky Mountain Way
~~Peter Frampton........................................Do You Feel Like We Do(live)
~~Argent......................................................Hold Your Head Up
~~Jethro Tull.................................................Locomotive Breath, Aqualung
~~Blue Oyster Cult........................................(Don't Fear) the Reaper, Veteran of the Psychic Wars, Burnin' for You, Fire of Unknown Origin
~~Deep Purple..............................................Knocking at Your Back Door, Smoke on the Water

Looks like you were in my cassette collection. I need to dust those off someday.

Re: What Are You Listening To?

Everything I Do, I Do It For You - Bryan Adams

Turn The Page - Bob Seger

Southern Man - Neil Young

Go Rest High on That Mountain - Vince Gill

Sealed With A Kiss - Brian Hyland

As Long as You Follow - Fleetwood Mac

Travelin' Light - Eric Clapton

Angel - Sarah McLaughlin

Sweet and Simple - Journey

Life Without You - Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble

Someone Saved My Life Tonight - Elton John

When I Call Your Name - Vince Gill

Unforgiven - Creed

Whenever You Come Around - Vince Gill

Seagull - Bad Company

Look at Us - Vince Gill

Silver, Blue and Gold - Bad Company

Until The End Of Time - Foreigner

That Was Yesterday - Foreigner

Patiently - Journey

Precious Time - Journey

Someday Soon - Journey

Stay Awhile - Journey

I Still Believe - Mariah Carey

Long as I Can See the Light - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Thats the playlist so far, I'm on Someone Saved My Life Tonight and the volume is about 1/2, the realtek HD Audio manager is 3/4 volume on surround with the eq set for carpeted hallway, the windows media center is on srs wow1/8, trubass 1/3 and speed bumped just above normal. Media player eq is ranged for bass and mid tweeters. The JVC amp is set for 5.1 surround and I have my MTX loudspeakers tweaked for mids and lows. Well, the front two are. I jacked into my backs with some tweeters I bought separately. My technics eq is set flat with a +1 freq boost, My graphic panasonic eq is set for slight boost on mids to middle highs. My range expander(Sansui) is set for +1 and my processor is attenuated to -5 with separation at +3. Vince Gill sounds like an angel. I have 4 MTX 400 watt rms cornered at different hights in the room and my tweets are suspended from the cieling on strings about 1 1/2 ft to the center from my rear surrounds. My sansui 500 watt rms 18" woofers are amped as centers that are parallel with the crossovers swapped for displacement.
My room is 20x20 has a bed in the middle, all walls are covered with graphics and tapestries for sound bounce isolation. ****, Unforgiven is shaking my back teeth again.
I don't have 7 pieces of my stereo hooked up anymore because my computer now does it all with plug-ins. (Less power consump)
I used to dim the lights when I cranked it up.
The only time I go over 1/2 anymore is when we are outside partying.
I have only cranked this up to zero ONCE. No Thank You! I'm getting to old for that.
Well, I hope this post takes because I'm not repeating it

Russel Watson - Faith of the Heart

(Yes, the extended version of the ST: Enterprise theme song. Yes, I am a geek. Yes, I admit it.}

EDIT: I think I'll go with the Geek theme today. Just loaded some Devo up in WinAmp.

~~Queen.........................................One Vision, The Show Must Go On
~~Supertramp.................................Bloody Well Right, Take the Long Way Home, Goodbye Stranger, Dreamer
~~Gerry Rafferty..............................Baker Street, Right Down the Line
~~Al Stewart....................................Year of the Cat(LP Version)
~~Styx.............................................Renegade, Crystal Ball, Mr. Roboto, Come Sail Away, Fooling Yourself(the Angry Young Man), Blue Collar Man(Long Nights), Too Much Time on My Hands, Lady '95
~~Boz Scaggs..................................Lowdown, Breakdown Dead Ahead, Lido Shuffle
~~Dan Fogelberg.............................Leader of the Band
~~Electric Light Orchestra................Evil Woman, Turn to Stone, Sweet Talkin' Woman, Livin' Thing
~~Steely Dan...................................Deacon Blues, F.M., Josie
~~The Moody Blues..........................Your Wildest Dreams, Nights in White Satin

~~Queen.........................................One Vision, The Show Must Go On
~~Supertramp.................................Bloody Well Right, Take the Long Way Home, Goodbye Stranger, Dreamer
~~Gerry Rafferty..............................Baker Street, Right Down the Line
~~Al Stewart....................................Year of the Cat(LP Version)
~~Styx.............................................Renegade, Crystal Ball, Mr. Roboto, Come Sail Away, Fooling Yourself(the Angry Young Man), Blue Collar Man(Long Nights), Too Much Time on My Hands, Lady '95
~~Boz Scaggs..................................Lowdown, Breakdown Dead Ahead, Lido Shuffle
~~Dan Fogelberg.............................Leader of the Band
~~Electric Light Orchestra................Evil Woman, Turn to Stone, Sweet Talkin' Woman, Livin' Thing
~~Steely Dan...................................Deacon Blues, F.M., Josie
~~The Moody Blues..........................Your Wildest Dreams, Nights in White Satin
:cool: :cool: :cool:

I am working on making my entire music, movie and ebook collection available for download via a special email account on gspace. If interested email me.

Note: The account has not been created yet and the files are not uploaded yet.
Just seeing if anyone here would be interested.

The way it works is you sign in to the account and download the song from gspace.

The account name will be SkwirlShare you will have to email me to get the password.

I am only extending this offer to a select few people. You should know I thought of you all first.

The cds are ripped at 160bps

Back