Music What Are You Listening To?

Love Never Felt So Good- Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake. I haven't listened to the new M.J album Xscape yet, but really am loving and digging that song. The deluxe version of the CD has 3 versions of the song including the version with J.T, I paid the same amount of money that the CD single would cost. If I don't like all or just a few songs from the album it was worth the money for me.
I haven't heard too much from of it after its initial release but from the feedback I've seen MJ fans seem to really like it. Speaking of MJ in general, he is one of the few artists who has songs that still sound contemporary even though they might be decades old.

I admit, I like that song. I can't say I am a Janet Jackson fan in general because contemporary R&B is typically not on my listening rotation but her stuff from the Rhythm Nation era can be found in my collection.
I like Janet Jackson just not everything by her, I'm kind of selective. A few songs or song from maybe an album or two. But Rhythm Nation is for sure the best album she has done.

I haven't heard too much from of it after its initial release but from the feedback I've seen MJ fans seem to really like it. Speaking of MJ in general, he is one of the few artists who has songs that still sound contemporary even though they might be decades old.
Well I might have to give it a listen. Like Janet Jackson I'm selective about MJ songs. I don't like all his work but a sizable amount. Thriller by far was his best work IMO.

Not sure what it says about the day I'm having but this felt right today...

The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony

just got 'Sound and Color of the Sun' by Sianspherics (a Canadian group comparable to the Verve).
really liked 'Somnium', another album they did.

I have a wide range of things I listen to. It's not always music, sometimes I just pick a "10 hours of waves crashing on the beach" or "3 hours of Tibetan singing bowls" video from youtube. Belly dancing has turned me on to all kinds of music but before I began belly dancing (4 years or so ago) I helped my dad disk jockey for weddings/parties when I was a kid. I grew up knowing many classics. My mother plays piano and guitar (though recently just piano as arthritis has made guitar difficult), my dad plays percussion, so naturally we were a very musical family.

What I'm listening to right now is this "Kettel and Secede - When Can" album.
There are several songs in this album that leave me awestruck and in another dimension.
The whole album is incredible as one unified piece but my favorite few to skip to are: Admittance: 5:42 http://youtu.be/yvKoGSgJGdY?t=5m42s
Deliria Noon: 26:25 http://youtu.be/yvKoGSgJGdY?t=26m25s
and Fullmoon which plays after Deliria Noon.

Other worthy mentions from this album are "Kirsten", "Pentimento", and "Ringvanes."
For the full song list, look the album up on Youtube. You won't be sorry!

Last edited:
Back