Music What Are You Listening To?

This weekend I caught up on the current season of Doctor Who so this was my morning drive listening selection....

KLF - Doctorin' The TARDIS

I discovered a new track today. I fell in love with it at 2minutes 30 seconds in.
there's just something about the pipe organ...

To see, Listen to and more - click this link

firedrive.com

I only have 20 GB free and about a terrabyte of music so until I figure out how to afford more it will stop at 20 gb. But it is constantly increasing in size the more I listen.
BTW - You can listen on your phone too.

While driving I was channel surfing and came across something that at first listen I thought was a cover of Horse with No Name by America, a song & band that I know well. After actually listening to the lyrics, though, I realized it was a remake of the song, not a cover.

Turns out it was a song named A Place with No Name by Michael Jackson. I sure didn't remember Jackson doing a cover of that song and there was good reason for that, he did the remake but never released it. The song is part of the collection released on the "Xscape" album comprised of previously unreleased tracks before Jackson's death. Some of the songs were unfinished and had to be edited before release while others, for one reason or another, were finished but never released to the public.

Love Rollercoaster - Ohio Players I don't know if this is true or the right place to ask this but there was this rumor or urban legend or something about a girl being stabbed and screaming while this was recorded. I must say honestly that listening to this for a second and third time I did hear what sounded like a girl screaming during a certain part or section of this song. Very eerie and haunting.

Love Rollercoaster - Ohio Players I don't know if this is true or the right place to ask this but there was this rumor or urban legend or something about a girl being stabbed and screaming while this was recorded. I must say honestly that listening to this for a second and third time I did hear what sounded like a girl screaming during a certain part or section of this song. Very eerie and haunting.
When I was working my first job in an A&W/KFC restaurant, this song would cycle in their playlist (they had a 6 disc CD player). I knew the urban legend and I would listen for that part and tell my co-workers to listen to it. It eventually scared my manager so bad that she switched the CD out.

I can only describe this track as a piece of art.
Gentle acoustic builds up to spacey synthesizer that explodes into mind-bending electric guitar. The backwards strumming acoustic guitar at the end is a nice pallet cleanser from that crazy electric guitar. :rock:

When the Red Hot Chili Peppers covered the song I remember hearing that story brought back to life. Personally I am inclined to lean towards it being more urban legend than factual, up there with playing records backwards. Although, on the subject of music urban legends, I did get to enjoy a viewing of The Wizard of Oz on a giant outdoor screen timed to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. Sure, there wasn't much too it, but sometimes urban legends can be fun and, as JRenee found out...
When I was working my first job in an A&W/KFC restaurant, this song would cycle in their playlist (they had a 6 disc CD player). I knew the urban legend and I would listen for that part and tell my co-workers to listen to it. It eventually scared my manager so bad that she switched the CD out.
... urban legends can be useful in the office as a way of ticking away the moments of a dull day.

I feel like your manager, after those last 3 times it got to be too much for me and just started to freak me out. My mind started thinking thoughts and wandered about it being urban legend or not.

When the Red Hot Chili Peppers covered the song I remember hearing that story brought back to life. Personally I am inclined to lean towards it being more urban legend than factual, up there with playing records backwards. Although, on the subject of music urban legends, I did get to enjoy a viewing of The Wizard of Oz on a giant outdoor screen timed to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. Sure, there wasn't much too it, but sometimes urban legends can be fun and, as JRenee found out...
... urban legends can be useful in the office as a way of ticking away the moments of a dull day.
Oh that's right I think I remember hearing some or all of that Chili Peppers song. I always wondered about playing records backwards but never have, again back to the urban legends and being related to devil worship or something like that. Also related but not eating PopRocks and drinking Coke, and having an explosion inside your tummy. Nope. Won't ever try that one. Even if it isn't real and all fake and urban legend.

Back