Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I'm here by accident, chance, search result

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other, I want to tell you about it

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Tom

An Old Friend
When you come to Coolscifi forums what are you looking for?
I look for some great science fiction discussions
Resources for scifi projects I work on
News about scifi and fantasy
Pictures, short stories and videos about the genre
New scifi and fantasy websites to explore
and friendship

Interesting survey. I'll be following this pretty closely to see if we can (or even should) tailor parts of the site to be more aligned with the survey results. :smiley:

Scifi Arts and graphics. since this site has already featured tv-shows in the forums, i would like to have something about creativity! Let's post Arts And Graphics and make impressions!

More upcoming trailers from scifi films.I heard in Tripping the Rift: The Movie everyone is trying to kill CHODE. Love the show, but has anyone seen the movie. All I have seen is a trailer thats awesome.

More upcoming trailers from scifi films.I heard in Tripping the Rift: The Movie everyone is trying to kill CHODE. Love the show, but has anyone seen the movie. All I have seen is a trailer thats awesome.
I haven't seen the Rift movie yet but I loved the series. The Sci-Fi Channel had to tone down the show a bit for showing on TV compared to the original couple of 'webisodes' that were strictly for adults but even the toned down versions were funny. I'll likely watch the new movie when it's available on DVD through Netflix or elsewhere.

well i voited for all except the last two. i should have voted on the second to the last but didnt cause it was because of a web search that i found this site.

my choices for being here is that it is another home for me....the one place i can really express myself in thoughts, words, pics and ideas and feel like someone does care to listen to them. sci-fi may be biginthe world but you would figure more people want to hear what is really said. so in respect for the genre and this site i say that as long as there is more of what is already here coming in each day, week, month and year then you will have a steady volume of people signing up and staying here.

Other, I want to tell you about it
Some years ago, on a cool autumn night while I was sleeping there was a strange sound that woke me up. At first I thought that I left a window open, perhaps even one of the doors since the curtains inside the house were actually starting to blow around. Outside there was a bright light that was dancing around the house, like a spotlight from a helicopter seeking something. We get the occasional fly over of small planes from the regional airport the next time over but never any helicopters let alone something that low to the ground. From down the hall I could hear electronic noises coming from my office - it was a cacophony of sounds as though every device in the room was turned on at once.

Walking towards the office I could see the glow from my old CRT even though I knew I had turned it off before going to bed. I was intriqued! I had to keep walking to see what was going on. Getting closer to the office door that was half open I put up my hand getting ready to push the door open fully when I heard it. The keys. It was my PC keyboard. Over the din of the electronic beeps & blips and the wind blowing inside the house, with the lights still darting outside, I could clearly hear the clickety-clack of my old keyboard being punched. Those old keyboards from the 80's had some real heft to them; beefy things with spring keys that were perfect for typing. Clickety-clack, clickety-clack.

Not knowing whether to run or reach for something to defend myself I could not help but push the door open all way. Human curiosity can either be courage or stupidity depending on the circumstances and I did not know which I was facing. As I pushed on the door a switch somewhere was flipped because instantly everything was over. No sounds, no wind, no lights, all was calm. From the other end of the hall I could hear my wife quietly snoring in a peaceful slumber. Surely I had been having a waking dream, a late night repercussion of my penchant for cold pizza as a midnight snack. But the monitor. The monitor was on!

Walking over to the PC I could see that something was on the screen.
Cool Sci-Fi
There are others. Seek them out.
From where did the message come from? Was it something that was drawn up from the deep of my psyche that I didn't remember doing? What... did... it... mean?!

I don't know. And I still don't.

But I knew what I had to do.

There are others out there. I am seeking them. Welcome to Cool Sci-Fi.

I was looking for a new online forum, and I said... what I really want is someplace cool to discuss sci-fi stuff.

Really. I googled "cool sci-fi forum" and here I am today.

I like sci-fi technology. I want to interest in getting knowledge of sci-fi news, videos, articles and movies. I can not say particular that I am here for only one thing. My thinking is that As much as you share your knowledge, that much you can get the knowledge.

I voted "Other, I want to tell you about it" because I couldn't find the option for "All of the above". I've been a hard core Sci fi fan for as long as I can remember.

Back