What Are You Reading Right Now?

RobertLCollins

Captain
Writer
I’ve finished 3 works by H. Beam Piper: Little Fuzzy; Space Viking; and the short story “Omniligual.” Little Fuzzy was great, even if the “future tech” is now outdated. The short story was just okay, and while Space Viking has a good plot, it also has some issues with other characters and views about governments.

RobertLCollins

Captain
Writer
Saturday evening I finished ”City of Ruins,” the second Diving Universe book, by Kristine Kathryn Rusch. It was good! Boss and her team are on a planet looking for stealth tech when a ship arrives in an underground base. From the distant past.

There are two parallel storylines. What’s more, one is in first-person while the other is in third-person. It was so eager for the storylines to converge. I plan to keep up with this series. It’s been really good SF so far.

Saturday evening I finished ”City of Ruins,” the second Diving Universe book, by Kristine Kathryn Rusch. It was good! Boss and her team are on a planet looking for stealth tech when a ship arrives in an underground base. From the distant past.

There are two parallel storylines. What’s more, one is in first-person while the other is in third-person. It was so eager for the storylines to converge. I plan to keep up with this series. It’s been really good SF so far.
Now that's intriguing.

Jethro

Staff member
The Tommyknockers - Stephen King, typical King stuff, home town tales in a sci-fi setting, what's not to like .... well okay the mini series that made from the book but that's another thread.

RobertLCollins

Captain
Writer
Yesterday I finished The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune. It’s this month’s Sword & Laser pick. It’s about a bureaucrat who takes an inspection trip to an island orphanage for magical children. I found it utterly charming and lovely to read. The stakes are low, yet it carried me along. It’s also a rather optimistic book. Highly recommended!