What Are You Reading Right Now?

how is The Catcher in the Rye? That's like one of those books I always feel I should read, but never get around to it because I'm never sure if I'd like it.

btvaughn said:
ooo...my friend read that one.  She said it was pretty good!

And I'm soon to be reading Bean Trees by Kingsolver.  :smiley:
YAY!!!!!!!! Bean Trees is amazing! :D

I'm rereading How to Make an American Quilt. I missed some things the first time I read it.

I'm also reading some of Plato's dialogues and How To Read the Bible for All It's Worth (required reading for classes... :rolleyes: At least Plato is pretty cool.)

Unfortunately Bean Trees was written over 10 years ago or I couldn't find it...so that didn't work out.

House Under Snow by Jill Bialosky...I like it so far!

You're reading Breathing Lessons, Chels?!?!? :woot:

I'm still working on the project at school about Anne Tyler and her writing style...let me know what you think of the story!

ok. i just started it, except a tragedy happened at our school so i'm in desperate need of fluff so i might take a short break and read one for the money then continue breathing lessons. it's really good so far though. of course, i'm only on like page 20.

btvaughn said:
Unfortunately Bean Trees was written over 10 years ago or I couldn't find it...so that didn't work out.

:blink: You couldn't find the Bean Trees? I've seen it at both Barnes and Noble and Borders though... so tell them to get their acts straight and stock up. LoL

Existentialist said:
btvaughn said:

:blink: You couldn't find the Bean Trees? I've seen it at both Barnes and Noble and Borders though... so tell them to get their acts straight and stock up. LoL
good good book!

Existentialist said:
btvaughn said:

Believe me...I was incredibly surpised to not see it there with all her other books. :thinking:

But, I'm in love with House under Snow

And for school..we're reading The Color Purple...and that book is something else.

Back