What are you up to?

Nix

Ensign
So.... What ya up to at the moment??

Me? I'm watching poop TV while posting on forums, trying to decide if I should put on OITNB. Oh making the odd Buffy banner too. Just the usual Friday night lol!!

Hoping a couple of friends pop round later for a cuppa and maybe I might get my nails done too...just to be girlie.

Its Friday afternoon here.
I'm checking the forums I participate in and will be going to the store in a bit to do a bit of grocery shopping.
Its the last weekend of Cruisin' The Coast | America's Largest Block Party so I will probably stop by and walk thru town to look at some cars.
Later on I'll watch some movies.
I have some beef short ribs thawing in the fridge, might fire up the grill if I'm feeling up to it. If not I'll broil them in the oven.

It's Friday afternoon... I'm trying to do some crash testing because the guys in India have decided to make a change to a production web service without much advance notice. :banghead: Friday afternoons are supposed to be relaxed and quiet around here. Aaargggh.

Me? I'm watching poop TV while posting on forums, trying to decide if I should put on OITNB. Oh making the odd Buffy banner too. Just the usual Friday night lol!!

Hoping a couple of friends pop round later for a cuppa and maybe I might get my nails done too...just to be girlie.
What am I up to now? 5-11 lol!;) I'm working on one of my bikes, and later on my 944 turbo Porsche, time for new plugs and wires, later on ill pluck some strings on my electric guitar, call my buddy in Chicago to see how he and his girlfriend are doing, ill call my brother this weekend and find out how his band is doing and my nephew is doing in high school. I cant have my nails done because if I was a girly girl my biker and mechanic bros would say I make a ugly woman! haaaaaa haaaa haaawwww
That-Is-One-Ugly-Lady-Now-With-Video-2.jpg
LOL! Other than that, ill probably catch up on some admin work for my job. Cool thread Nix!:cheers:

I make my own chili, its an awesome Texas Style meal. Low carb? nope, ill hit the gym to burn it off, I cant sacrifice taste, caint do it.....lol!
giphy.gif
Thanks Data! lol

Absolutely no beans/onions...beans are high sugar, onions are so-so. It's pretty much high fat too, no draining the beef fat & loads of cheese on top.
I'm not hungry again for 8 hours!
I was expecting the beans as part of the answer but didn't realize that onions were that bad. If I ever do a low-carb diet (and, honestly, I should be on some kind of diet) I could likely not miss the beans but cutting out onions would be a lot harder for me.

Personally I love all kinds of chili; typically in our family we'd do the multiple beans version when making it from scratch but when going out to to eat I'll try anybody's chili at least once. These days I don't enjoy spicy chili like I used to and like more beef, whether ground or cubed steak, instead.

And now I'm thinking of some chili for dinner this week. :D

Catching up to stuff on my DVR. I've got vacation time to burn off at work so I took this upcoming week off. My plans for the next several days are to clean the house, watch TV, play with the dogs, and try to look busy so Mrs. Kevin doesn't add stuff to my list "while I'm home".

Kevin! Go ahead, lol, put some onions in! They're not high carb at all. They're safe.
My chili-
Celery, one tiny can tomato paste mixed with water, tons of cumin & chili powder, at least 3-4 cups of make-you-cry hot peppers, green peppers. And 85% fat ground beef.

Absolutely no beans/onions...beans are high sugar, onions are so-so. It's pretty much high fat too, no draining the beef fat & loads of cheese on top.
I'm not hungry again for 8 hours!
Oh hell then it wouldn't be chilli....;):DMore like soup or broth...
texaschili.jpg

I make gator chili that's pretty good but its cajun so you might not like it Kevin.
The gator meat I buy is cajun spiced, not sure if you can get it regular?

There are chili cook-offs in the different communities around here in Sept/Oct.
There's a few different categories
Regular
Spicy Hot
Cajun

Then there's Beans & no Beans.
Most chili diehards will tell you if it has beans it isn...ain't chili.
I like beans in my chili.

I do make a hamburger stew that has no beans, its really good.
Gunna make some for Sunday so I have leftovers.
It does have those 'new' potatoes in the can (I use the whole ones).
Instead of red sauce its made with au jus sauce.
Has mushrooms, onions, red & yellow peppers, white sweet corn and sometimes I add wax beans (if I have them). If I have those mini corn cobs I use those instead of the white sweet corn.

When I make hamburger stew I always make homemade bread or biscuits.
I have some frozen bread dough so tomorrow it will be bread.

What am I up to now, work as usual, I have to pay the bills, my job has odd ball hours, so I can jump on the I-net anytime, but as of late just working very hard....

what am I up to now? I just finished cooking and feeding my little pup turkey with some sweet potatoes. Early or pre- Thanksgiving dinner for my little guy.

What am I up to now? oh about 5-11, lol! Naw peeling taters for my delicious cheddar n' garlique mashed taters, ill be cookin' all day long for a nice meal tomoroz....

I've been very busy lately with family health issues but things are settling down now which is good. Now I'm waiting for takeout, watching a friend play CODWWII.... then sleep.

Getting caught up with downloading the TV shows I follow.
Still won't watch them till the season is completed but it is better than trying to stream an entire season at once.

Back