TV What are you watching right now?

Just about to watch the new Fahrenheit 451 mini-series. Read the book decades ago. It'll be interesting to see how they've put it together.
Is that the HBO one? What did you think of it? We don't have HBO at the house but seeing the 451 interpretation has my attention.

Indian horror show Ghoul dropped on Netflix, caught up with the entire first season through the week - not that many episodes to be honest, and am now sweating on a season 2.

More high powered drama than scares at the moment, the chills are psychological rather than simply going boo.

Just finished The Innocents on Netflix. Very interesting premise, though the season is a bit slow. It looks like it's setup for another season, and there are a lot of places it can go to.

Just started season 2 of Ozark today. It's a great show, but a little dark.

I’ve watched the first 2 episodes of Hulu’s “The First”. I skimmed two reviews before deciding to try it. It’s excellent! Critics warned it was more drama than sci-fi. I don’t mind that. It does move slowly too. But I’m in, they won me over. Lol. That’s a difficult thing to do these days.
Our first mission to Mars. The bureaucracy & heartache of even getting to the point of “go”.
Fascinating!
13-the-first-1.w1200.h630.jpg

We've enjoyed watching Project Blue Book. The writing and settings are similar to X-Files.

There was another Project Blue Book series back around 79-80 that was pretty good too.

Finished up yesterday doing a marathon viewing of "Secret City" on Netflix. Only two seasons but like a lot of AUS & UK shows it is structured more like a mini-series than a episodic TV show so watching it marathon style helps.

If you're into spy thrillers, it wasn't bad. Genre fans will recognize the main actress Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham from Fringe.

Was that the show on, I think, ABC, that only went one season? If it's the one I think it was, I was disappointed we didn't get a S2.
Yeah, I believe it was on ABC. You're right it was only 1 season. I believe that it was on t.v a couple years ago that a cable channel would have picked it up and continued the series.

just finished 12 Monkeys the series---the ending---totally wasted the whole series
apart from the fact the original was never intended to be like this

For a couple of weeks now, as time permits I've been marathon watching the UK series Midsomer Murders on Netflix. Apparently they're up to 20 seasons or so. :LOL:

I've decided, for fun and for my current project, that I'm going to try to re-watch episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 that I haven't seen in ages. Yesterday evening I watched #407, "The Killer Shrews." There was just as much drinking as I remember, plus the slow plot and the dogs dressed to look like shrews. There was also the short "Junior Rodeo Daredevils," which still has some funny riffing. Pondering another fourth season episode next...

For a couple of weeks now, as time permits I've been marathon watching the UK series Midsomer Murders on Netflix. Apparently they're up to 20 seasons or so. :LOL:

I finished up Midsomer last week or so; 20 seasons was a *lot* to catch up on. :eek:

I started another BBC show, Murder in Paradise, but kind of lost interest after the first major character loss at the start of S3.

Just as well, it gives me a chance to go back and catch up on other stuff besides British murder-mysteries.

I've decided, for fun and for my current project, that I'm going to try to re-watch episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 that I haven't seen in ages. Yesterday evening I watched #407, "The Killer Shrews." There was just as much drinking as I remember, plus the slow plot and the dogs dressed to look like shrews. There was also the short "Junior Rodeo Daredevils," which still has some funny riffing. Pondering another fourth season episode next...
Are you watching them on DVD or streaming? I lost track of where MST3K was available for streaming.

Back