What are your dark fantasies for the Future?

Looking for people with really creative imaginations, to come up with a short text of which imagine the dark fantasies of the future life will be like.This is for a wall based text in an art gallery. The eventual text will be anywhere between two to 3 A4 pages in length. A strong and creative imagination is a must, as well as bringing something of yourself to the text, your beliefs, thoughts, imagination etc. Those chosen will be paid for their texts, for now we are just looking for a couple of lines to give us an idea of what you would imagine for the future. Must be over 20 to apply. For more details please contact and send a couple of lines of text to Lisa at spokenfilms@gmail.com

I am surprised none of our community writers have replied to this thread yet! :wideeyed:

Is it too early reveal which art gallery location it'll be?

Hello Kevin,

thank you for responding. We've posted specifically on here as hopefully this is a subject that will interest the community. The gallery is in Los Angeles and the work is a collaboration with the artist Gillian Wearing.

Lisa

Hello everyone!

First of all, I have to apologise, because my idea originated from sci-fi "teen's" movie, made in USSR, called " From Moscow to Cassiopeia" & "Teens in Univers". On a distant planet, located near Alpha Cassiopeia star, native population created robots, as their servants. Yeah, sounds prety basic plot, but after some time, special robots (with 8 eyes ! OMG, I was so afraid of thouse, when I saw that movie first time) decided to "improve" all people, so they would be "happy". Eventualy, all "happy" persons were like smiling zombies. They had absolutely zero williness or desire to do anything. Just basic needs. There was even a scene, when one of thouse 8 eye robots were activation controls at "happines machine" and was announcing: " Have to be removed: Kindness, Self-motivation, ability to love, ability to sorry..." and so on.

So, I think, it's the most darkest future, when all people would be "happy". Nobody would want to love, nobody would want or be able to think, neither do something. Everybody would be just lying around with attitude: "I don't care. Im happy." to anything. That the most darkest future IMO.

Sorry for double post. Just got a small inspiration a created.... dunno how to say it.
Hope you will like it.

I woke, I rouse, but never keep myself at standing

I don’t remember what I saw in dreams, they are just same

Like always been, like now they are, will always be.

But I don’t care. I’m happy. I’m always happy, as you see.

I woke, I rouse, but never keep myself at standing

I’m lying down, as long I know myself, but there is world

Huge, brilliant world, with sunny days, and starry nights, adventures,

Wonders and inventions, which I would like to see and try.

But I don’t care. I’m already happy, keep lying down alone and this is not a lie.

I’m young, but weaker than an old man. I just don’t want to make a move

I never saw myself in mirror, because I nothing need to prove.

No need to make yourself a favor, you are a perfect being, relax!

There is already everything obtained, what would support my little worthless life.

And I don’t care, because I’m happy, to live like plant, without desire, passion and feel

Keep lying down, just like a person, who is despairingly ill.

My life. I wish I could control it. I wish I could create at least a thing

But nope, my “happy” mind corrupted, and I will never try to think.

I’m your future. The person of tomorrow, who live in total blessedness

And we completely out of trouble, but all together are mindless.

But we don’t care. We all are happy. We care no more about what have already happen

What happens now and what will happen soon. There is no interest to think, to love, or being loved

Such artificial happiness, is our cursed doom.

Pleas don't judge too "heavy", it's my first attempt in such gendre.

Just saw this video. Makes me wonder what experiments some entities have in mind for the future. I bet Facebook won't be the only one to experiment on the unsuspecting public. Companies do it all the time .

Back