What are your thoughts about Marilyn Manson?

mm blew it wide open, brought techno to the masses, he was invented by trent reznor, if you get his earliest biography its all there....they hit it off and mm is tr greatest artistic expression to this date. mm does not disappoint and touches the places most people dont even know exist inside themselves....like hutchins said the devil inside every single one of us the devil inside.....mm took what adrien sherwood and al jourgensen and some others did in the 80s and made it super palatable to americas rockers, like a chef kinda....geffen really did not like electronic stuff, so it was somewhat suppressed and therefore became stronger, and here we are.....b

i may have been a bit hasty labeling mm techno, but the stuff it came from was. It was hard rock but not like head banger, or the crypt....though the fashion art is of the crypt plus plus. anyway, i went back and looked around, i have not listened to a whole lot of it, first went looking for it after matrix sound track...had some buds hate it early, then love it later....the older stuff was hot, the new stuff not too, as far as youtube hits go i mean, and then there is some kind of scandal involving sex which may be a cry for media attention who knows?

by the performer, from the media, the fountain from which all that kind of power flows....man i see so much contrived media-grabbing by the stars and starlets, the godlets and goddesses of media money, and who better to do it than they who have already succeeded by it? I know a lot of media that is good and better even than what is dished out by the monied controllers, and the net has exposed this favoritism and insider dealing which makes me wish i had a tail so i could wag it....everythings changed hasnt it? the net is the media now, and things dont work like they used to....i listened to some of the performers new stuff, like all of us the dude is aging, and the music did not grab me like it did at one time.

Back