What aspect of MMORPGs are you more into?

• Total voters

A bit similar to a previous poll, but not quite. No 'realism' aspect to skew things.

I enjoy all of the above, except crappy quests and mundane crafting. RP is #1 for me. :P Yeah, baby.

If adventuring advancement is pure grind, I find myself more and more attracted to any peripheral options - even if they, too are pure grind. EQ2 is a good example - I'm an obsessed tradeskiller mostly because making stuff to advance is much easier than killing the same things over and over and over for hours on end.

I go through a couple of phases. I chose 'roleplaying' because it is the one that carries me through mostly. However, when I first get into a game, I am in love with the exploration. It's only when that phase dies down that I really start to get into the roleplaying.

RP and Community can be two different things for me, so I'm putting in my bid to be the second most wanted ganker in HJ. PvP is important to me. I enjoy meaningful competition. Rather than time invested advancement.

I go through a couple of phases. I chose 'roleplaying' because it is the one that carries me through mostly. However, when I first get into a game, I am in love with the exploration. It's only when that phase dies down that I really start to get into the roleplaying.

Totally took my answer there, Gate :P

That makes sense... I love that first time out into an unknown area, but it does eventually give way to other things once familiarity sets in.
I really hope for a world which is not divvied up by critter levels. When you step out of the city walls, you should be in danger of coming across a wee lone kobold or an ancient black dragon. The next time you leave the city walls should be something else.. or nothing else.. completely random. Random encounters ftw. Urban slang acronyms ftw.

Oooh that sounds exciting, Navarre, except when you're a lowbie level 1 and step out the gate and are greeted by a level 80 fiery dragon and then find yourself running back into the gates :P Hehe, would be fun to RP and makes it more realistic when things are constantly changing, maybe have a newspaper or bulletin board in town warning of stronger monster raids or something.. oh the possibilities!

Oooh that sounds exciting, Navarre, except when you're a lowbie level 1 and step out the gate and are greeted by a level 80 fiery dragon and then find yourself running back into the gates :P Hehe, would be fun to RP and makes it more realistic when things are constantly changing, maybe have a newspaper or bulletin board in town warning of stronger monster raids or something.. oh the possibilities!

There you go. The bright, wonderful light of realism in a fantasy world. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

While I'd push for a tiny bit of a safety buffer (certain areas regularly patrolled by the guard or whatnot), I do agree that randomness would do alot for fun and excitement- not to mention roleplay.

Gryphons in EC.. Ahh.. Spec island.. Uuu.. I do give EQ 1 credit, well UO as well. First gen games really were more about the exploration than the loot. At first. LoL

Back