What book are you reading?

So I've just finished Iain M Banks Player of games which I found very good *****

I'm now reading his Use of Weapons which is a bit weaker, I'm not fond of books the dot around different timelines like pulp fiction, but just keep to the story.

Sorry if the thread already exists.

So I've just finished Iain M Banks Player of games which I found very good *****

I'm now reading his Use of Weapons which is a bit weaker, I'm not fond of books the dot around different timelines like pulp fiction, but just keep to the story.

Sorry if the thread already exists.

I'm reading his "Matter" at the moment, which is fairly good. The last book I read that I couldn't put down was "Scar Night" by Alan Campbell. And I loved the prequel, "Lye Street". Didn't care for the sequel, Iron Angel, so I never picked up the one after that.

I hardly ever post here, so I probably won't see a reply to this. Sorry.

I'm reading Dan Abnett's "Straight Silver" from Black Library. Its a real maddening book of mechs and close combat fighting.

Anyone else a fan of Abnett? :D

I'm currently working on the Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson. I'm on Toll the Hounds at this time, which is, I believe, the 8th book in the series.

26570185.JPG

This series is turning out to be one of my all-time favorites, if not my very favorite. I highly recommend it.

well aside from textbooks>>>ugh I just finished the Curious Case of Benjamin Button...I love the Fitzgeralds narrative...I am trying for once to see if I can read the Old Testament...I am still in Genesis..hmm

I am also in the middle of...
Inkspell
Queste by Sage
Leven Thumps

Would like to start Picture of Dorian Gray sooooon...heck maybe I will today?

Well, some of the stuff ive been reading lately hasnt been strictly SF
I just finished 100 Years Of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, and now I'm going back and forth between John kennedy Toole's A Confederacy Of Dunces and The Year's Best Science Fiction, edited by Gardner Dozoiz.
100 years of Solitude won the Nobel for literature in 1980. its about the history of a fictional South American Village and is considered 'magical realism'. I'm reading an English translation, of course. It's an amazing book for fans of any genre.
The YBSF I'm reading is the latest, and I'm about three stories into it. it's good so far. The Elizabeth Bear story is interesting.

Sad to say but I am in the midst of reading a Clive Cussler novel, The Chase. :(

But in my defense it was on clearance at the local B&N and it is *not* a Dirk Pitt novel! :D

I am currently reading the dark tower series by stephen king its a great book also look at a series called the broken man. I like this book so much.

I'm reading Devil's Cape by Rob Rogers, whom I met at FenCon in Dallas a few months ago. It's his debut novel but reads like a pro - its a superhero/supervillain clash set near New Orleans and spans back 30 years to the rise of the Robber Baron and the demise of the heroes...but a new hero is rising up from among the ranks of the criminals, it's just that the criminals don't know it yet. Pretty good so far. Jumps around from POV to POV but unfolds chronologically. Not a bad debut.

just read The Sword Of Ages by Kay Gossage - think she is new the book was good I found it on Lulul.com while looking for something totally non related

Currently splitting my time between two novels..................
~~~Michael Crichton, Rising Sun
~~~David Weber, Flag in Exile

Back