What book are you reading?

I am reading "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas, and "All but my Life" by Gerda Weissmann Klein (both for school which starts in 2 weeks :smiley:( :smiley: :confused:) and I am going to start "Crystal Soldier" by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (when I finish my school books.:smiley:)

I've just recently completed the Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson as well as the Malazan books by Ian Esslemont. All are superb and highly recommended for lovers for high (and low) fantasy and intrigue.

I've just started the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher. I've heard it gets really good as the series progresses which is good because I'm finding the first book, Storm Front, to be rather mediocre.

Jim Butcher is God! Storm Front starts off a bit slow, but stick with it.. the series is awesome!

I'm currently reading Spellbound by Kelley Armstrong and have The Omen Machine by Terry Goodkind queued up for next!

I am catching up on my reading with Clive Cussler's The Wrecker, the sequel to his The Chase. It is a prelude to working on my pile of books for the upcoming Fall & Winter seasons.

A song of Ice and Fire (the series!) -- Currently I'm on the second book, a Clash of Kings.

Also reading the Sherlock Holmes collection and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. :D Ooo Exciting!

I'm currently enjoying the Brunner the Bounty Hunter omnibus from Games Workshop's Black Library by C. L. Werner.

brunner.jpg

Just finished reading Time Wars by Randall Miller,it's a sci-fi/fantasy mixed with history,which I find kinda intresting.It's about a modern style military that travels back in time and fights ancient armies such as the Romans so that they can control both the present and the future.It's loaded with lots of real facts and is definately different from anything else you've ever read.If you like history and sci-fi you will greatly enjoy this book.It's available at xlibris.com or if you want it on e-book go to amazon.com,it's cheaper there.

Just finished reading "The City and The City" by China Mieville, and "Kraken" by China Mieville.
The former is a police procedural set in two cities with different names that share the same physical space (don't ask, read it!). The second is a magical story set in a near-contemporary London. Both very good novels by an outstanding author.
Now reading Hilary Mantel's WOLF HALL, an excellent historical novel and a good read. I got it for 49p in one of those remainder bookshops. Who'd be an author or publisher, eh?

My e-books
Amazing Sci-Fi and Fantasy stories – Shoujo & General Weblog

Finishing up Robert Louis Stevenson's Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. After that, I think I will read Dark Mirror (a Star Trek: The Next Generation novel) by Diane Duane.

Ijust finished reading WATDOT: List of Twenty by Dan Koepke. This was his first published work, and he did a wonderful job. He did a great job of developing both the characters and the story line. I highly recomend this read to anyone! It is entertaining and quite easy to get invterested in. If you are looking for a good book, check it out: www.WATDOT.com

Back