• Advant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tom

An Old Friend
FireFox of coarse!
Internet Explorer is now on Deadline- I only resurrect it for Windows Update occassionally. I use MSN browser for my HotMail Universe. MSN browser favorites won't export so to use those I have to copy and paste into Firefox then save them to bookmarks. I have roughly 1000 MSN favorites to transfer yet. I dont usually save favs in MSN anymore.
I have advant in the useless pile and netscape is right beside it. I won't allow AOL onto my machine and neoplanet won't run.
Mozilla is still on the desktop and I use it occassionally. I use Opera 2nd to Firefox
Whats everyone else running.
I noticed posting is different in Opera than in Firefox.

skwirlinator said:
FireFox of coarse!
Internet Explorer is now on Deadline- I only resurrect it for Windows Update occassionally. I use MSN browser for my HotMail Universe. MSN browser favorites won't export so to use those I have to copy and paste into Firefox then save them to bookmarks. I have roughly 1000 MSN favorites to transfer yet. I dont usually save favs in MSN anymore.
I have advant in the useless pile and netscape is right beside it. I won't allow AOL onto my machine and neoplanet won't run.
Mozilla is still on the desktop and I use it occassionally. I use Opera 2nd to Firefox
Whats everyone else running.
I noticed posting is different in Opera than in Firefox.
Well.... I develop for IE6 and FireFox 1.0 but try to take Opera into account. For example, if you visit Cool SciFi using Opera the navigation buttons at the top of the window should be functional. My 'target' is IE6 or FF at 1024x768 but I also try to make the site useable at 800x600.

What kind of differences are you seeing with Opera?

In FF i get a textbox that says i need to configure my browser to allow that function if I try to paste contents from the clipboard-in opera it works
in FF i can set the font and size and color then type/in opera a box appears that i have to type my content into.
in firefox i have pastequote in my context menu but cannot use it to paste quote into a post=I have not tried this in opera because i usually use firefox-

everything in FF is good and I wouldnt change it. It would be nice to be able to post quotes and paste from the clipboard but typing it out gives my posts that...personal touch...
I like Cool SciFi, I just wish there were more people posting.

So far there are only two issues with FireFox that are driving me nuts.

The first one is the fact that it doesn't look like it supports image placeholders. For example, if an img is missing from a page you see the infamous 'red x' icon in IE but with FF it simply shows nothing.

The other item is that it handles the marquee tag differently from IE. It looks like it calculates the scroll bar page size before it looks at the marquee tag. The end effect then is that there is extra 'blank space' at the bottom of the page. For example, when viewing this very thread in FF there is extra white space at the botto of the page underneath the styles footer but in IE it displays fine. Aaaagghh. :(

I've been looking for solutions to both.

I used to use Mozilla but it done something to my computer, I had to get rid of it.

I switched to MSN Explorer, because it works with MSN Messenger and Hotmail.

This is kind of a two edged question, I'm at work now {grave yard shift :(} so I'm stuck with IE. But I definatly prefer Fire fox and use it exclusivly when in the mother ship.
alsmile.gif

I am in complete agreement with the anti AOL sentiment!! ;)

i use Firefox

is the copy and paste from clipboard function ever going to work when posting? not much fun for long URL's

(EDIT : the sites frontpage is stretched off the screen horizontally in normal 1024 resolution today, someone added something in the news section that did that?)

technologicque said:
... also when i want to be logged in on 2 different accounts when i'm in forums :D
I do that trick also for testing. :smiley: Because they don't share the same cookies I can be logged in as KW802 in one browser and logged out in the 2nd browser to see how stuff looks for unregistered visitors. For 99% of the time I prefer Firefox because it seems to be faster (I'm not saying it is faster, just seems that way) but every now & then I get hit with some HTML code that FireFox just doesn't like.

Back